Stock Alarm sets off for no reason at exact times everyday. Hmm? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 02:26 AM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BMerViXeN is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Stock Alarm sets off for no reason at exact times everyday. Hmm?

Hello members!!

I'm reaching out to you with hopefully someone being able to shed some light on my strange situation with the stock alarm in my 323.

2 weeks ago, the alarm began to go off for no reason at certain times of the day, (everyday at the same time) when parked on my driveway or in front of my car. it goes off at 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. and that's it. Never again. Never at night time or if I park it somewhere else at those time. the first few days I really didn't notice the "time frame". But then it occurred to me to be strange that even with no traffic on the street it would still go off. I turn it off, but a few second later it would go off again, turn off and then fine until the next time frame listed above. Is it possible that it is picking up some sort of radio interference or is it a freaky way of it to show signs of malfunction? I have never tempered with the alarm, don't even know to be honest how to adjust the sensitivity or such.

Any thoughts?

Please share

Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 04:52 AM
n00b

318kid is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 318kid
the alarm on my dads e39 530 rings randomly, i had it a few weeks back went to visit him and at 2 am i heard it in his apartment. if someone can help you it would help me out as well hopefully.

*IF ITS FAST AND CHEAP, ITS NOT RELIABLE*
*IF ITS CHEAP AND RELIABLE, ITS NOT FAST*
*IF ITS FAST AND RELIABLE, ITS NOT CHEAP*
#3 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 08:45 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
It's very odd, but maybe there is a radio transmission at those times that copies the signal that your security receives as if you pushed the red panic button on your key fob.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 09:59 AM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
If you have the opportunity over the weekend. Make a point of being in a different location to see if the problem persists there. Given that you know the approximate times that it is going off this shouldn't mean spending long periods sitting around a parked car to see what happens. If it does persists away from home, try changing the clocks within the car to see if it is somehow related them.
Are you anywhere near an airport or something else that has a medium powered source of radio energy, cell tower etc?
Sounds like a weird fault.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)