BMW Werkz banner

Stage 2 Software

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  anthony303 
#1 ·
Well I just got my Dinan CAI put in and I am thinking about adding its counterpart, the stage 2 software. My thoughts are that it is a lot of money and doesn't sound like it adds much of anything for the cost. I believe it only rids you of your limiter, and changes gears 250 rpms later than a stock bimmer. Does it do anything else? Also if someone has it can they let me know if there were any noticible differences in their car, and if they thought that it was worth the buy!

#2 ·
Originally posted by anthony303@Jul 4 2003, 07:50 AM
Well I just got my Dinan CAI put in and I am thinking about adding its counterpart, the stage 2 software. My thoughts are that it is a lot of money and doesn't sound like it adds much of anything for the cost. I believe it only rids you of your limiter, and changes gears 250 rpms later than a stock bimmer. Does it do anything else? Also if someone has it can they let me know if there were any noticible differences in their car, and if they thought that it was worth the buy!
the stage 2 software is actually "free" if you have the CAI and stage I software....

Your dealer may be trying to screw you once again... :thumbsdown

#3 ·
I have never heard of it being free, a couple people that i know have it paid for it. Where did u hear that it was free?

#4 ·
Originally posted by anthony303@Jul 4 2003, 12:55 PM
I have never heard of it being free, a couple people that i know have it paid for it. Where did u hear that it was free?
then they probably got ripped off...

http://www.autosportwerks.com/perf_enhanc/3series.php

High Flow Cold Air Intake System
Dinan High Flow Cold Air Intake Systems develop horsepower and torque gains by improving the engine's intake air flow. The aggressive system design provides for a less restrictive intake air flow than the stock system for greater engine efficiency and the lowest possible intake air temperatures.

The High Flow Cold Air Intake Systems replace the factory air box with a cylindrical performance filter and powder coated aluminum intake pipe. The filter is relocated to a separate compartment behind the front bumper and below the headlights in order to insulate it from engine compartment heat and maximize exposure to outside air. The filter to air-flow-meter pipe is designed to minimize air turbulence and maximize efficiency.

A Stage 2 version of the Dinan Performance Engine Software is required when installing the systems, ensuring the optimum fuel mixture at higher engine speeds. If you have already installed Dinan software, it will be upgraded at no charge.

#5 ·
I dont have the stage 1 software, so could i get the cheaper stage 1 software and then have them upgrade it for free?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.