Sport Seats Uncomfortable?? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2005, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
steve450 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey everyone... I have been lurking this site quite a bit in recently bought a 2002 330Ci... it is an awsome car and I have only one complaint so far....

The sport seats. I find them to bother my lower back by having too much curvature to them. I have fiddled with the lumbar support controls and have emptied the bladders as far as they go, still too much lower back pressure.... it feels great when you first get in but after an hour or so they are bugging me. I have also tried about 5000 combinations of the adjustments to the seats and still cannot find a happy place.

If I were to get into the seat internals, is there somthing I can do myself, like an adjustment or somthing? Am I doing somthing wrong with the lumbar support controls and they are not fully empty??? Lemme know...

Like I said, this car is great!!! I just would really like to solve this one issue and I will be high on the hog... and yes, i already searched the forums....
steve450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2005, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
shameless bump

am I the only one with this problem??
Old 05-20-2005, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
HawFlake is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by steve450@May 18 2005, 07:10 PM
Hey everyone... I have been lurking this site quite a bit in recently bought a 2002 330Ci... it is an awsome car and I have only one complaint so far....

The sport seats. I find them to bother my lower back by having too much curvature to them. I have fiddled with the lumbar support controls and have emptied the bladders as far as they go, still too much lower back pressure.... it feels great when you first get in but after an hour or so they are bugging me. I have also tried about 5000 combinations of the adjustments to the seats and still cannot find a happy place.

If I were to get into the seat internals, is there somthing I can do myself, like an adjustment or somthing? Am I doing somthing wrong with the lumbar support controls and they are not fully empty??? Lemme know...

Like I said, this car is great!!! I just would really like to solve this one issue and I will be high on the hog... and yes, i already searched the forums....
[snapback]345769[/snapback]
Steve, you may indeed be one of a few that has this problem. I thought the lumber support allows large amount of adjustment and would be able to fit anyone. This may sound dumb and probably not aesthetically appeasing, have you though about getting something that draps over the seat and use it for your upper back only to even out the effect of the big bulge down low?
HawFlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Scotty Dangles is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by steve450@May 18 2005, 08:10 PM

[snapback]345769[/snapback]
Hi Steve,

I also have a problem with my sport seats in my E34. But my problem is contrary to yours, rather I find I do not have a enough lumbar support. Whenever I do my 10 hour roadtrip home my back gets quite soar. To solve the trick...I stole one of mum's "accessorie" pillows and use it as lumbar support...it worked great! haha I also found if I adjusted my seat forward rather then back I could alleviate the problem.

Hope this helps.
Scott
Scotty Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Scotty Dangles@May 20 2005, 05:54 AM

Hi Steve,

I also have a problem with my sport seats in my E34. But my problem is contrary to yours, rather I find I do not have a enough lumbar support. Whenever I do my 10 hour roadtrip home my back gets quite soar. To solve the trick...I stole one of mum's "accessorie" pillows and use it as lumbar support...it worked great! haha I also found if I adjusted my seat forward rather then back I could alleviate the problem.

Hope this helps.
Scott
[snapback]346366[/snapback]

Hey guys, thanks for the tips. In the last couple days since posting I have played with the seats more and have found a more comfortable driving position... however, it still bugs me a little and I might take it to a seat shop and see if they have any ideas.

Since I have put myself in more of a proper driving position it is much more comfortable and maybe I am just getting used to it more. The other day i drove a good 45 minutes and forgot about the problem, but then today it bothered me again...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)