BMW Werkz banner

Snow Tires, Run Flats or regular?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  photoman142 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 335is coupe. I have been getting conflicting information. Some people tell me runflats have a terrible ride and have a very poor treadlife. Others tell me that used to be the case but not anymore.

My previous car was an Infinity G37 and I had Blizzak snow tires on them. They were great.
I can get the same tires from TireRack, Blizzak LM-60 for $244 for the runflats or $197 in the regular tire. Any advice?

#2 ·
I run reg. tires on mine, but when I get a flat, there is no spare obviously, so I invested, in a floor jack and change my own tires when flat and take them for repair. Obviously also, it doesn't do you any good when you are far from home, you will need to call for road service, but the difference in price may be a wash, except for your time.
I had two sets of run flats and they rode just fine compared to all the other types I've put on the car.

#3 ·
p.s... you can't rotate those tires because they are diff. size front to rear, so you will get poor mileage from them, depending on how you drive you will get about 20-30% less miles on your tires, before they all begin to cup and show wear on the outer part of the tire... Why can't they design a car where you can rotate the tires, like normal cars???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.