1. No the rpm's don't go up at all when coming to a stop. The car runs like a champ except when taking off from a complete stop. It seems like its just first gear.
2. No its not a stalling action more of a loss of power until it shift to second gear.
3. Its automatic.
4. Nope, no lose of power at any other time. just starting from a stop.
5. No, i haven't done a vacuum test. I took it back to the dealrr and just assumed they did the tests it needed (big mistake on mypart). Would any garage be able to do this test?
6. If I accelerate normally, it loses power pretty bad. But if you really step on it its not as noticable, but still nowhere near a normal acceleration.
Thanks for helping out! If you have any other suggestions of things to check or test please let me know!
Originally Posted by rivroshaun951
I am not a professional. This is just my opinion. I could be wrong.
1. When coming from the stop does the rpm's go up high?
2. Does the car act like it's going to stall?
3. Is this an automatic or manual?
4. Do you have any loss of power at any other time (going up hill WOT etc)?
5. Have you performed a vacuum gauge test and what were the results?
6. How hard are you accelerating out of the stops?