BMW Werkz banner

Service Engine Soon Light

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Zapak4eva 
#1 ·
The Service Engine Soon light came on today. I am pretty sure there is a problem with the car and it is not a electronic malfunction because the car is vibrating/bouncing quite a bit. My dad was driving it when the light came on and I just went outside and started it up to see the light. The car was still warmed up because he had just driven it. The last time the Engine light came on was when I lost control and nearly pulled a 360 on the highway, however the light turned off after I turned the car off and turned it back on. Could this be something from then that is just now coming up. I lost control about 2-3 weeks ago. I thought the brakes felt weird, but everyone else says they are fine. Anyone know what the car heavily vibrating/bouncing means? I am supposed to take the car to college today (2 hour drive) but that sounds like a bad idea. Dad says that he will take it to be checked tomorrow. So confused.

#4 ·
Alright, I took it to the dealership today and they fixed the problem in a few hours. My only complaint is that I could not secure a loaner. However, he said that he put me higher up on the priority list to get it looked at sooner. The problem in the end was, if i am saying this right, the fuel or ignition filaments or the ignition coil. Something like that, they fixed it under warranty. I think that whatever happened is a problem on a lot or 325's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.