BMW Werkz banner

Screeching sound from rear suspension

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  wfuerte328i 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I am a new member on bimmerforums.com. I won a 323Ci 2000 BMW. There I some Screeching sound from the rear suspension, specially when I back up, or accelerates from zero and at small bumps. Some one told me it is because of bad shock mounts. I got the rear shock mounts and the shocks changed, the sound has reduced but not gone fully. Any advice is welcome

#3 ·
Not the wheel

It is definitely not the wheel. If my car is still and i move it up and down by applying force on the trunk, giving sudden jerks, I can still hear the sound. It is definitely from the suspension. I have replaced the studs and the shock absorber mounts. I cannot think where else can me making that sound in the suspension?

#4 ·
#6 ·
yeah, i went to bmw's site and got a number to contact someone at. I submitted a form and the guy already got back to me. He said he will contact me within a few days to schedule and appt. to meet with a technician to inspect my car at the dealer, and hopefully things will go good from there. Ill keep u posted on what happens tho, i hope they dont try to haggle me and blame it on something else, cuz my only mod is rims, but they are still only 17's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.