BMW Werkz banner

rEVERVSE cAM 06 cOUPE fACTORY or NoT **HELP**

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  JussyBro10 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a problem with my reversing camera not displaying on my widescreen Nav. head unit.
I have read forum after forum regarding and I can NOT find the solution.

It seems all the info out there is for aftermarket OEM reverse cameras (back up) which seem very straight forward but my issue is with what looks like, a factory fitted reversing camera.

I have traced wires from cam to some sort of camera module (still in boot area, see pic1) where I see 4 wires go into unit from cam and multiple wires coming out, one of which (green) connects to the reverse light earth switch.
Another two wire (one double insulated in clear tube like, pic 2) are spliced together leaving a brown, white, red and black heading toward the widescreen nav. head unit.

I have also taken out the centre vent and head unit hoping to find an easy fix problem staring me in the face, but with no luck.
I have not located the relay or fuse (if have one for) but I have tested all fuses in glove box for serviceability to come up with no fault.

There are two plugs, (blue and white, see pic 3) going into the head unit and basically I'm fresh out of ideas on how to move forward. :conf

Please someone help me and/or point me in the right direction

Even a Factory wiring diagram of reverse cam would help or link too....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Attached is some more pic of boot area components.

Would be great to get a wiring diagram or just an explanation of what each wire coming from Kamera module does?

As can be seen from Pic1 the green wire taps into the reverse lights (blue, yellow stripe)

Even the four wires coming from the camera into Kamera module (wire diagram or explanation)

Where would the fuse or relay for this system e located??

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.