BMW Werkz banner

Resetting brake wear light

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  David J. 
#1 ·
First, let me apologize in advance if this is an obvious or frequently covered topic, but I am a new member and could not find anything by searching old threads.

Last night I replaced brake rotors, pads and sensors at all four corners of my wife’s 2001 E46. But I this did not cancel the illuminated brake wear light. I used all BMW factory parts, I re-checked the connections and the mounting (on the pad) of the new sensors and they seem fine. I have run the car for three "trips" to see if the computer would cancel the light and I ran an OBD reader and found no fault codes (though I dont think brakes are in the program). Is there a way to reset the light? :cry

Thanks.

David

#2 ·
To reset the light turn the key to the run position but DO NOT start the car. One by one the lights in the dash will extinguish, after about 11 seconds the brake wear light should go out. If this doesn't do it let me know.
Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.