BMW Werkz banner

Reset Oil Service - Help ?!

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  zibby 
#1 ·
I Need reset OIL servis

Service reset
Notes:
To skip the 'Oil service reset' or 'Brake fluid reset', press button 1 for appr. 5 sec.
If another immediate reset of the 'Oil service' is necessary, it is only possible after a trip of 10 km or more. OK
If another immediate reset of the 'Brake fluid service' is necessary, it is only possible after a 20 day period. OK
To abort the procedure at any time: turn the ignition to "0".
Oil service reset:
Turn the ignition to "0"
Press button 1 and turn the ignition to "1".
Keep button 1 pressed until the display shows: "Inspektion Re / Reset". - See always TEST..., then Time, KM and again TEST!Cut dead never Inspektion Re / Reset. (I can see no Inspektion Re / Reset). Help pleas ??? How at it?

Press button 1 again (ą 5 sec.) until Re / Reset flashes
Press button 1 shortly.
The next oil service interval will be shown and will disappear.
The brake fluid service interval is shown. The display shows: "Re / Reset".
Brake fluid service reset:
The display shows: "Re / Reset
Press button 1 again (ą 5 sec.) until "Re / Reset" flashes
Press button 1 shortly. The display shows: "END SIA".
===============

Car BMW E46_323i 01/2000

I am search, that I must Activation "reset distance service", but I don't know where set ?

Excuse please my English!

See less See more
#2 ·
Originally posted by gs023@Jun 21 2005, 03:12 AM
I Need reset OIL servis

Service reset
Notes:
To skip the 'Oil service reset' or 'Brake fluid reset', press button 1 for appr. 5 sec.
If another immediate reset of the 'Oil service' is necessary, it is only possible after a trip of 10 km or more. OK
If another immediate reset of the 'Brake fluid service' is necessary, it is only possible after a 20 day period. OK
To abort the procedure at any time: turn the ignition to "0".
Oil service reset:
Turn the ignition to "0"
Press button 1 and turn the ignition to "1".
Keep button 1 pressed until the display shows: "Inspektion Re / Reset". - See always TEST..., then Time, KM and again TEST!Cut dead never Inspektion Re / Reset. (I can see no Inspektion Re / Reset). Help pleas ??? How at it?

Press button 1 again (ą 5 sec.) until Re / Reset flashes
Press button 1 shortly.
The next oil service interval will be shown and will disappear.
The brake fluid service interval is shown. The display shows: "Re / Reset".
Brake fluid service reset:
The display shows: "Re / Reset
Press button 1 again (ą 5 sec.) until "Re / Reset" flashes
Press button 1 shortly. The display shows: "END SIA".
===============

Car BMW E46_323i 01/2000

I am search, that I must Activation "reset distance service", but I don't know where set ?

Excuse please my English!
[snapback]355451[/snapback]​
On BMW E46 build betwen March 1999 and May 2000 you CAN NOT use button on the dash board to reset an "oil service" or " inspectiom" message ! On this cars to do so , you must have special reset tool. Only E46 build (I guess) 2001 and On , have ability for self diagnose and reset. Best regaeds !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.