BMW Werkz banner

Replacing Ride Side Door Window Glass!!!

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JuanDeLosPalotes 
#1 ·
how hard would it be to replace the glass window of a 1999 328i window? Are there any special tools or requirements to take out the door panels and replacing the glass? sorry imma newbbie. any comments would be appreciated.

#3 ·
no, not special tools need.

first take off the door panel, u can pry that off at the edges, it is connected with clips, they just pop out.

after that, u gotta take the rubber insulation around the window off

after that, disconnect the motor arm from the window, there actually are two, and those get disconnected by taking some pliers and pulling on those to little clips there. after that, u can just take the window out and put the new one in. you will figure it out

#4 ·
no, not special tools need.
after that, u gotta take the rubber insulation around the window off
Hi. I just subscribed here because this is the only reference to any DIY about taking the widow glass, and this is exactly the point I'm not so sure about. My E46 320d 1999 (Europe) seems to have all plastics and rubber glued to the metal, Does anybody have pictures and or more details about how to take them out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.