remvoe the damn lens - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2004, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
tgeppes is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys i am kinda new here but i have having major problems
my left front turn signal has gone out and i am having a hell of a time
replacing the blub cause i do not know how to get into the lens... how do you
do it... i can take off all the panels and stuff for the headlights but then i cant
anything about the turnsignal
please help
~teppes
tgeppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
did you mean to say e46?

Dirty_Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 06:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
tgeppes is an unknown quantity at this point
yea sorry
any help?
tgeppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Mach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond reputeMach 5 has a reputation beyond repute
There is a hole in the fender above the turn signal put a flat headed screwdriver in there and release the tab that holds the turn indicator to the headlight assembley. (It moves to the right and left, Not up or down, and should not require force to move) The indicator should then slide out. On some models there is a nylon screw accessable through this same hole that needs to be loosened to remove the indicator. If you shine a flashlight down the hole you should see either the tab or the screw I am talking about.
Ben
Old 07-21-2004, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
GDBJLB is an unknown quantity at this point
I had exactly the same problem, and was very frustrated. Finally found the answer by looking at a picture of some after market clear lens replacements - (found elsewhere on this forum). There I noticed that there are two tabs that extend from the front lens towards the rear. The top one (the one you can see if you look down the hole in the wing) is orientated vertically and only acts as a guide. DO NOT BEND THIS ONE! There is a second tab that is orientated horizontally and is about 4-5" below the access hole in the wing. This tab has a dog tooth design. Push gently down on this tab, and the lens will slide out easily. I empathise with your frustration. I spent hours bending the heck out of everything I could see only to realise I was bending the wrong tab. Once I figured it out, lens replacement can be done in seconds!

ghead
GDBJLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)