rearview mirror: programming home link - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2003, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
sunscorched is an unknown quantity at this point
can someone help me to program my mirrors garage door openers?
I just bought this 2000 car, and I must not be following the correct sequence to get them programmed.
Do u have to erase stored programs before you can reprogram your own remotes? If so how do u erase and how do u program.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
sunscorched is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2003, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
welcome aboard, sunscorched!! B)

i am assuming you mean the universal transmitter? there is a way to program it. i don't remember the steps, but once i get home from work, i will find the programming sequence for you, unless somebody else beats me to it.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Austinmach is an unknown quantity at this point
How many button on your universal tranmistter? If there are three button then the very first step you should do is wipe out the universal tranmistter memory by holding the two last button for atleast 10 seconds until the light blind for couple times. Make sure you have your key in the ignition in second level. After the memory is clear then you start programing ur home link by holding down the last two button on ur car tranmistter first and then your home link remote simultanioius and press your car transmitter button (the button you want to make it active to open your gargage door) until the light blind for couple times. I hope it helps
Austinmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 01:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Fangs will become famous soon enoughFangs will become famous soon enough
Training a Rolling Code Garage Door Opener (it WILL work with 'rolling code' garage door openers)

To train your rolling code garage door opener to operate from your BMW Universal Transmitter, follow these steps (The aid of a second person may make the training quicker and easier.):

1. Locate the training button on the garage door opener receiver. Exact location and color of the button may vary by garage door opener brand. If there is difficulty locating the training button, reference the garage door opener manual or call 1-800-355-3515.

2. Press the training button on the garage door opener receiver for two seconds.

3. Press the programmed BMW Universal Transmitter button for two seconds. Release the Universal Transmitter button and press the button again to complete the training.

Your garage door opener should now recognize your BMW Universal Transmitter. You may use either your BMW Universal Transmitter or your original handheld transmitter to open your garage door. If after following these suggestions you still have difficulties in programming your BMW Universal Transmitter, call toll-free for customer assistance: 1-800-355-351

Erasing Channels
To erase all three programmed channels, hold down the two outside buttons until the indicator light begins to flash. Release both buttons.
Fangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)