Rear Wheel Loose - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
TRuckee is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear Wheel Loose

For a day or two I've been hearing a new noise from the right rear corner of my 97,000 mile, 2000 model year 323i. I jacked it up and found that I can move the wheel about 1/8 of and inch up and down. I took the wheel off and can see that the disc/hub assembly moves about the same amount. Does anyone know how I can determine if I need new CV joints or if I just need to replace the wheel bearing? I'd sure like to know what needs fixin' before I start taking things apart, if possible. Tom
TRuckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
romansura is on a distinguished road
this sounds serious. you may have a failed wheel beaaring, is the cv shaft large nut tight? make that movement by hand and see if there is visual freeplay in the control arm or anything else.is the spring sitting in its seat nice and tight eaven with the car jacked up on that side? either way, it may be a wheel hub probleam so you will need speacial BMW puller and press in a new wheel bearing if thats the case. bu the way, is the rotor moving around and caliper is stationary? hold the rotor tight to hub(should have factory small hex screw) if rotor wobbles and caliper dosent, replace wheel bearing.
get a tech to look at it ok man,just to be safe. sounds UNSAFE to eaven drive now .
roman,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)