Radio In European Specs - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
jmans2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
My HK radio in 2004 330i is displaying EU specs for AM. Instead of AM I am getting MW and LW which is not characteristic of US radios. This happened at the dealership when they installed the iPod connector. Now instead of AM I get MW. Does anyone know how to change it back to US?

ejs
jmans2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2005, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
peterkulesza is an unknown quantity at this point
go there again, they will redo your software. i do not think there is a toggle in the system you can do yourself: is the fm also on euro frequencies (9some to 108 mHz)?
peterkulesza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
turn the key off then on hold down the m button until the radio service mode appears. (approx 10 secs) then i think you use the +/- buttons to scroll through the options until you get to the country option. then use the 1 button on the presets to adjust the country.
hope that works for you.

DT

Dirty_Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Thanks DT. I was perusing the Tips and Tricks and come across one of the tips that said something similar to find the serial number. I figured why not try it and sure enough it worked. Amazing what little things are hidden in that car. Is there any way to program the car keys?

ejs
Old 01-17-2005, 12:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond reputeDirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
Please elaborate on what you mean by program the keys? If you're referring to programming the car/key memory then as far as i know there is no "hidden menu" that will allow you to do that.
DT

Old 01-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
I have the car keys coded to remember what the position of the seats, mirrors, etc. Useful when my wife drives. Right now I am only aware that BMW can do this offering. In other cars, non BMW, there were ways to do this without running the car to the dealer. '

ejs
Old 01-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
On your model, Dealer is the only option.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)