BMW Werkz banner

Questions On 330xi

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  yubyub 
#1 ·
I'm just about to pull the trigger on a 2005 330xi, and had a few questions that people here may shed some more light on than the dealer can.

I have a 2 month old child, so the 330xi will be a "family car" (yeah, I know, it's a smaller sedan, but we don't want anything big. I want safe, durable, easy for my wife to drive, and fun for me to drive). I was wondering:

- Leather vs. Leatherette - which will clean up better? Think of what a 2 month old can spill/drip onto the interior, and you have an idea as to why I'm asking :D

- Xenon lights - what is the end effect of these? Can anyone tell me why they are better? I know what they are, and how they are different, but I'm not sure how it effects the nighttime driving experience.

Also, has anyone taken their child along when doing a test drive? I'd love to see how easy it is to get a car seat in/out (and get the kid in out), and how well things go in general. My worries are 1) I'm not sure I want to risk it with my kid (but if I get the 330xi I'll have to do it at some point!), and 2) I'm not sure the dealer would allow it.

TIA,

See less See more
#2 ·
Leatherette will be easier to clean as it is a vinyl product.

Xenon lights offer a spectrum of light closer to natural daylight, and have a more focused beam (similar to projector lamps).

I would encourage you to at least take the car seat with you when test driving, the child would be nice but car dealerships seem to bring out the worst in children. Install the child seat and see if accesability is compromised, and how you like it.

:welcome also!
Ben

#4 ·
Originally posted by yubyub@Oct 19 2004, 06:13 AM
I'm just about to pull the trigger on a 2005 330xi, and had a few questions that people here may shed some more light on than the dealer can.

I have a 2 month old child, so the 330xi will be a "family car" (yeah, I know, it's a smaller sedan, but we don't want anything big. I want safe, durable, easy for my wife to drive, and fun for me to drive). I was wondering:

- Leather vs. Leatherette - which will clean up better? Think of what a 2 month old can spill/drip onto the interior, and you have an idea as to why I'm asking :D

- Xenon lights - what is the end effect of these? Can anyone tell me why they are better? I know what they are, and how they are different, but I'm not sure how it effects the nighttime driving experience.

Also, has anyone taken their child along when doing a test drive? I'd love to see how easy it is to get a car seat in/out (and get the kid in out), and how well things go in general. My worries are 1) I'm not sure I want to risk it with my kid (but if I get the 330xi I'll have to do it at some point!), and 2) I'm not sure the dealer would allow it.

TIA,
[snapback]213980[/snapback]​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.