Question!!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:29 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
History_Broker is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Question!!!

Hello, I am a senior in H.S. and I was wondering if you think it is wrong that a kid in my grade got a 330xi for 15.5k. He said his parents got him the loan through a bank and he is slowly paying it off.I think it's alright jsut as long as he makes the payments on time. A few people I know are naturally irritated by this. But, just wanted to see what you guys thought. I personally don't have a car yet but, in the market for one and may use his approach (won't spend as much as him). Looking for your guys' opinion on this one. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:56 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
IMO, anyone that can drive with some intelligence (things like signals and using one lane at a time) can have a The main thing is that it doesn't go to waste being driven too hard and beaten on or wrecked. Oh, and he better not rice it out! (Pssst, look at my car list by my avatar! Shhhhhh!)

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:59 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Haha, I totally agree. Lol, I'll be sure to tell him witeshark said to not rice it out!.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:28 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
nothing wrong with it...just means someone got beat up with a checkbook is all. as long as he respects it and so forth i don't care either way

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:58 PM
n00b

chet31 is on a distinguished road
Not against it, but consider this. You get a 330i as your first car when you are 16, what do you have to look forward to?
#6 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:35 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
lol chet a 335? But, I do get what your saying.
#7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:56 PM
n00b

RDroz is on a distinguished road
I agree. It's good to drive a real nasty beater for a first car so you appreciate good cars for the rest of your life.

Not sure if this theory also applies for your first girlfriend or not.
#8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Mr. Clean

BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet31 View Post
Not against it, but consider this. You get a 330i as your first car when you are 16, what do you have to look forward to?
My 528i was my first car and I got it when I was 17. I paid for about three quarters of it and my parents helped me pay the rest. Some younger people trash their cars, it's true. On the other hand older people trash their cars as well so it could go wither way. To this day I'm made fun of because my car is always clean. About a week ago at our college club drive my car was on display to attract people to join our car club. One of the members at our table opened my gas lid and said, "oh my god, how did you not clean under here. That's so filthy. What were you thinking?" That was said because everything is spotless on my car a majority of the time. I'm 22, have a 9 year old car I've owned for 6 years and people are shocked when I say it's that old.

Click on my signature and see the other side of it. I've had this car and only this car since I was 17 and I love it dearly. I'll probably still have it 10 years from now. What do I look forward to? Picking up an E92 M3 next October.

Bottom line is as long as they respect their car and don't beat on it too much I don't really care who's driving it. It would kill me to see it get wrecked or as witeshark so eloquently stated "riced out".

Who knows though, the kid could do something really cool with it.
#9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 PM
n00b

chet31 is on a distinguished road
Fair point, start w/ a car you really like, learn how to wrench it, keep it for several years, you don't feel the need to upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)