BMW Werkz banner

Purchasing a 330xi

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  pc4now 
#1 ·
Hi. I'm new to the Forum and BMWs, but hopefully both will be a long relationship. I'm looking to order a 2005 330xi. I've looked everywhere in my area for a car that would fit my needs and my wife's needs, but something is always not quite what we want. So it seems that I'm at the crossroads of ordering one.

My question concerns price. I'm a veteran haggler on cars. When we purchased a new suburban a year ago, I got it for $500 less than invoice. However, I've never bought a BMW before and I have definitely not ordered a car before.

After talking with a couple of dealers, they act like getting $1000 off of the MSRP is good. Of course, I'm thinking closer to the invoice price. What are your experiences with new BMW prices. What should I expect to pay? And I do understand that I will have to pay more to get what I want. By the way, MSRP is roughly $47,500 and invoice is roughly $42,000 on this 330xi.

Thanks,
Andrew

#4 ·
I just purchased (last week) a 330XI w/ Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Auto Trans, & Xenon for $39,000. Car had 500 miles on it, so I got an extra 5,000 miles on the service warranty (55,000 miles instead of 50,000 miles). Getting a 2004 at end is season, you can get a good deal. Buying a new 2005 at beginning of season -- I would think you'd be paying closer to MSRP. I saw the new spy pics of the 2005. They have changed the headlights and the body style. I'm GLAD I got the 2004 330XI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.