BMW Werkz banner

Problem with starting when its cold.. Whats the reason?

16K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  DSP543GP 
#1 ·
:conf

Annoying when I'm somewhere and it wont start!! uhhhhh

#3 ·
1. When is the last time you pulled and inspected your spark plugs?

2. How old is your Battery.

3. How cold are we talking? California cold or Canada cold.

4. What kind of gas are you using?

If the car starts normal when it's warm I would not suspect a sensor. Think about what the cold weather can effect. "Voltage". As temp go down. Voltage goes down. I would start by checking the battery. If all is good and since the car does start I would move to looking at small tune up items. spark plugs etc.

#7 ·
Hi bimmer lovers
I am also experiencing cold hard start with my e36 320i 95 model, the plugs (bosch) are newi also use shell unleaded 93 or 95 v power, oil is engen 20w50, battery new 652, the car start fine when once started but when cold it would want to start and won't catch up. The plugs gets wet with fuel, the coils and plugs would spark even though they glow spark. At times I would take my spare ignition coil with spark plug and put them on the engine cover, it would hesitate to start and finally start. What am I missing here, the dme is good, there's no error codes beside tank ventilation error, my car never showed any cel light and the sensors (crank and cam are new), any idea? I'm in south africa and my car doesn't have lambada sensor, pls help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.