Previous owner told me all work done at BMW dealer - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 08:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2001BMW330iRob is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
...a printout of all the maintenance records since the previous owner needed them for tax purposes.
Talked to a service guy and he said he could not give them to me without the previous owners consent.
Well the previous owner was leaving the country on a company transfer that was the reason he sold the car in the first place.
I called the previous owner and he never returned my call, I think he has left the country already.
He was the one who told me to go to that particular dealer, I would have never known that dealer was where the maintenance was done without him saying so.
I told the dealership to cut the guys name off the records I just want a record of the car repairs.
He said he could not do this, some privacy act bs.
I don't know about you but the maintenance records should be the right of any owner not the previous owner.
They should stay with the car not the previous owner.
How am I supposed to know what the hell was done to the car previously.
I purchased a 318i a couple years back and another dealer printed out the records no problem (cut out the previous owners info off the pages)
I am in the Toronto area, don't know what to do.
What do you guys think.
Do you think a GM dealer would be so protective...I don't think so.
Anyone else get maintenance records from a BMW dealership in the past?
How was this accomplished?
Thanks,
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 08:08 AM
3rd Gear Member

Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
You are the current owner and I would make that clear to the dealer's service department. I bought my Bimmer from a independent tech and then emailed the dealer that origninally sold the car (14 years earlier) and asked how I could get the service records, within one week all of the records were in my mail box.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 04:16 AM
n00b

2001330d is an unknown quantity at this point
Contact the BMW headquarters for your country.
I did this in the Uk and purchased a service book, they sent it round to the dealers and after doing its circuit i got the book back fully stamped by the appropriate dealers along with copies of invoices for work done (less names and payment details)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)