BMW Werkz banner

Pre-wired For Cellular Phone.

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fantom 
#1 ·
Hi-

I have the BMW that is pre-wired for Cellular phone.Wondering on how to turn it on/use.The dealer (different than where i bought) was kind of ignorant with it.

Any Help from the members would be appreciated!!

#2 ·
you need to purchase a bmw cpt8000 phone (motorola startac) as well as an installation kit from the dealer or from an online store/dealer such as circlebmw.com and pacificbmw.com. I dont know if it is a DIY job to install, but i bet people have pulled it off in the past. I dont know the prices but it's probably around 500-1000 for everything (retail).

#4 ·
Originally posted by fantom@Jan 31 2005, 01:21 PM
Better yet, get a Bluetooth capable cell phone and purchase a Bluetooth kit. I installed the kit 2 days ago in my 2004 330 CiC and it works great. The kit cost about $500 US and can be self-installed.

fantom
[snapback]283284[/snapback]​

Hi Fantom,

How long does it take you to install the bluetooth kit yourself? And is it hard? Thanks.

#5 ·
Originally posted by MysticBlue2004@Feb 15 2005, 07:43 PM
Hi Fantom,

How long does it take you to install the bluetooth kit yourself? And is it hard? Thanks.
[snapback]292564[/snapback]​
It took me about 3 hours to install and I took my time doing it since I did not want to make any stupid :banghead mistakes. It was not too difficult and I would say that from a scale from 1 to 5, this was a 3. I did not have any major problems and once I had it hooked up, it worked right away :clap

fantom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.