Power Windows - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 08:09 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
studio945 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Ordered my 2004 325cic in September, took delivery exactly one month ago, having what I think is a problem with the window control. When I first bought the car, the one-touch button could be used to lower all four windows at one time. If I pressed hard on the button, the auto-lower kicked in and the windows would continue to lower even if I released the button. The one touch button could also be used to raise all four windows, but no auto-up feature. About two weeks ago the driver's side window stopped responding to the one-touch button when I tried to raise the windows (one touch still worked for all four lowering). Then about four days ago the one touch stopped working for raising the passenger side, too. So now all the one-touch will do is raise the back two windows (and lower all four).
I asked the tech at the dealership about it and he said that was a safety feature so that nothing would get trapped in the window, ie the one touch was only supposed to raise the back two all along. He couldnt tell me why it worked on all four for the first few weeks.
I know that cant be right, especially since when I use the key in the door lock to lower the top and windows, it works fine. But when i use the key to raise the top, it wont raise the driver and front passenger windows. It makes no sense that you would step out of the car, close the top with the key in the door lock, then have to climb back into the car, put the key in the ignition, raise first the driver window, then the front passenger window, then exit the car. ghead
Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 11:26 AM
3rd Gear Member

Scarface is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Scarface
I would read the owners manual first and read the guidelines as to what it will do, then if it is supposed to work like you say, I would go and show them that...I think he might be bs'ing you about the safety feature...

-1998 BMW 540i6(Axis Penta 20's,M5 shadow grilles,trunk lip,led tails,oem front lip,PIAA lighting)
-2002 Cadillac Escalade(Zinik Luina 22's,OEM HID upgrade)
#3 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 07:43 PM
n00b

Marks325i is an unknown quantity at this point
Were your doors open when you were trying to use the one touch? I doesn't work with the door open, I was trying to raise the windows in my 2003 325i with the door open using the one touch, it woudn't work. When I closed the door it was fine. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	5535  
#4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:26 PM
2nd Gear Member

TECH is an unknown quantity at this point
The "toll" function doesn't work for the up position, so your kids or dogs don't get their heads caught in them. If you manually hold it up, they should all go up, though.
I don't know off hand what would cause it. You haven't spilled any soda in the switch block have you?
Some of the 3 series have a recall for the general module, which requires the module replacement. This is because the anti-trap funcition possibly would not work, but I don't know if it applies to the convertible.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 07:03 PM
2nd Gear Member

EXtech is an unknown quantity at this point
Take it in to the dealer, sounds like the driver's door module.

STETT Performance -
Everything BMW
921 J Place, Suite 200
Plano, TX 75074
469-767-3309

OEM Repairs and Maintenance
Extended Warranty Service
Pre-Purchase Inspections
Everything Performance (brakes, turbos, Nitrous, Cams, Complete Engines, Clutches/Flywheels etc)
-----------

STETT Performance Official Grand Opening BMW Meet, May 6th 11A-3P -- Music, Food, Drawings and Tons of BMW's go to http://206.123.107.13/stett and register.. it's FREE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)