Power Steering on my 330i - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 12:26 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mriwright is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Power Steering on my 330i

Well, well, well. Again, she got me! My wife backed into my 330i and damaged the hood and cracked the famous kidney bean grill. Oh, I let that go..about $1000 worth of damage. But here is the kicker...she drives three weeks later to pick up her son and when she gets back the power steering is gone. This isnt the first car she has destroyed of mine..while we were dating she wrecked my Explorer. I shouldve taken that as a harbinger of things to come.
Anyway, where can I get a decent price on the power steering pump? I would like to change all the associated hoses too since the car has 100K on it.
All help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
check out the junkyards, and you might want to spend money for your wife to take driving lessons

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 12:24 AM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
Women are like cars.. eventually they get to be too high maintainence and its time to trade them in on a newer model with upgraded Aftermarket Headlights

DT

#4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 12:26 AM
3rd Gear Member

dvmotorsports is on a distinguished road
well, first you need to determine whether it's the pump or the rack. you will kick yourself in the ass if you replace the wrong part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Tool
Women are like cars.. eventually they get to be too high maintainence and its time to trade them in on a newer model with upgraded Aftermarket Headlights
and it will make it so much easier on you if you tell the next guy she is CPO'd

BMW Technician
#5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 12:38 AM

Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute Dirty_Tool has a reputation beyond repute
lol... dv are u a shop owner in rocklin?

DT

#6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 12:51 AM
3rd Gear Member

dvmotorsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Tool
lol... dv are u a shop owner in rocklin?
No, I owned a shop in Fresno, sold it, worked at a dealer in Roseville, moved away and work for BMW now. Just never updated my location, I'm everywhere all the time. Kinda like Jesus.

Why? Need some work done? I do have access to a full shop in the area though.

BMW Technician

Last edited by dvmotorsports; 01-11-2008 at 12:55 AM.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 01:00 AM

sent PM

DT

#8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 05:04 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
Quote:
Originally Posted by mriwright
Well, well, well. Again, she got me! My wife backed into my 330i and damaged the hood and cracked the famous kidney bean grill. Oh, I let that go..about $1000 worth of damage. But here is the kicker...she drives three weeks later to pick up her son and when she gets back the power steering is gone. This isnt the first car she has destroyed of mine..while we were dating she wrecked my Explorer. I shouldve taken that as a harbinger of things to come.
Anyway, where can I get a decent price on the power steering pump? I would like to change all the associated hoses too since the car has 100K on it.
All help is greatly appreciated.
sry to hear about this
parts i have found are:
$380 for pump
$ 38 for suction hose
$ 30 for return hose
$ 99 for pressure hose

Side Note: Maybe you should get on of those steel shipping containers to keep your car in....

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
n00b

mriwright is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Hey gang, I got my power steering fixed at MagCars yesterday. It came to $905. But it does ride like a dream again! I'm back, bitches!

...push the pedal to the metal...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)