Please Help - I need to know if this is a descent deal by the AM - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ncage1974 is on a distinguished road
Please Help - I need to know if this is a descent deal by the AM

Please help i need to decide by tomorrow morning. Here are the details for the car:

2006 330i (bear with me i don't know what the default options were)
--26,500 miles
--Premium Package
--Comfort Access
--Sports Package
--Xenon Headlights
--Adaptive & Self leveling headlights
--wood trim
--rain sensing wipers
--Dynamic Cruise Control
--Ambient light package
--18 in rims with new summer tires
--automatic tranny ( i prefer manual but oh well)

I got them down to 29,300. I couldn't get the to budge any more.

They are coming in a little low on my trade in i think though. I have a 2008 EX-L 4cyl accord with 17,000 miles on it and they are only giving me $18,500 on it. BMW has pretty good interest rate now though on their pre-own cars (3.9% for 60 months).

This is a certified BMW pre-owned so i get a warranty until 2012 or 100,000 miles.

Its red in color.

I have dealt with this dealership in the past and its a pretty top notch dealership (they sell porsche, bmw, mercedes, ect..) so they deal with pretty top client-ail. I used to have a 2001 325i and they would wash/wax your car every time you came into service and have never dealt with a service department nearly as good as this one.

They said as a courtousy because i bought the car done when i will have any service done on the car just call and they would arrange to me to have a new BMW until the service is done (even if its for something as minor as an oil change). They have free car wash every saturday morning where they will wash/vacuum your car and feed you with panera while you wait.

They said i will most likely need snow rims/tires for the winter (summer tires not so good in the snow) and i can just order junk tires/rims from tire rack through them and they will take care of storage of the tires for me. I just can come in and get them put on every winter.

This is just a side question? How reliable generally are the newer BMWs? I did have some issues with my 2001 325i when i had it. I remember the oil light would not go out and they ended up having to call BMW of america to get if figured out. Don't remember what it was other than some sensor deep in the engine that they had to get replaced but they did get it fixed. I also was spray washing the car one time and the hood emblem just blew off. This was right before i got rid of the car.

your help would GREATLY be appreciated
ncage1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kai
4th Gear Member

Car: E39 Alpine White 528i, E34-Sold.
Photos:
Kai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
Most of the things you are mentioning are not really factors when considering the car. A free wash is nice, but if the car is going to need a lot of repairs it wont help much. Drive the car, get an unbiased mechanic to give it a good look over. Make sure it is right for you, go with your gut feeling after getting all the facts. Most dealers will put you in a car while yours is repaired if you ask...some times you might have to get persistant but usually they have the option to do that. Best of luck on the purchase if you get it, make sure to post pics if you do. As for the problems you mentioned on your 01 and questions about reliability... it really boils down to the individual car. I think 2006 was the transition year, if it is an E46 that has been maintained then you shouldn't have any probelms that are faulted to BMW, if it is a new 3 series then that being the first year there might be a few things that needed to be taken care up, being a CPO I would assume they were. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ncage1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasei View Post
Most of the things you are mentioning are not really factors when considering the car. A free wash is nice, but if the car is going to need a lot of repairs it wont help much. Drive the car, get an unbiased mechanic to give it a good look over. Make sure it is right for you, go with your gut feeling after getting all the facts. Most dealers will put you in a car while yours is repaired if you ask...some times you might have to get persistant but usually they have the option to do that. Best of luck on the purchase if you get it, make sure to post pics if you do. As for the problems you mentioned on your 01 and questions about reliability... it really boils down to the individual car. I think 2006 was the transition year, if it is an E46 that has been maintained then you shouldn't have any probelms that are faulted to BMW, if it is a new 3 series then that being the first year there might be a few things that needed to be taken care up, being a CPO I would assume they were. Good luck.
Thanks for the reply. I have no doubt the car is in excellent shape and i trust this dealership. Its well respected around this area. I drove it and it drove like a dream. The front bumper had a few areas where you could tell they had fixed just from minor rock chips but nothing major. They actually sold this car and showed me the service record. The lady who had it only had two very very minor things that she had looked at in the past. I forgot the exact problems but trust me they were minor. I'm not so much worried about the car i wanting to make sure i'm getting a descent price. Is the price i'm getting descent? That is my main concern. Is the price descent.

ya i agree those extras like a great service department and car washes don't add value to the car but dang are the convient and add to the personal value of the car
ncage1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kai
4th Gear Member

Car: E39 Alpine White 528i, E34-Sold.
Photos:
Kai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud ofKai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
Your looking at a car that will probably average $28,000 from a dealer....I don't know all the options that are there so it might be a little bit more depending on the options. Think it over good and hard. Do some research on kbb and look around autotrader for cars comparable to the one you are thinking about and present that info to the dealer and see if they will go down more.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)