BMW Werkz banner

Please Help I Am Suck On Speed Pulse

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AutoSolutions 
#1 ·
hi i have a new bmw compact 316 2004 model i have a sat nav radio i want to fit in it and i need to fit a wire to the speed pulse generator can someone tell me where the generator is so i can do it :banghead

thanks

dave

#2 ·
I might be way off with this 1 but i think 'speed pulse generator' is just a fancy way of saying 'wheel speed sensor'. It's just that sat nav systems need to know the vehicles road speed.

If thas the case u just need to run it into the sensor harness... Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong...

Be careful it doesn't cause any unwanted ABS or T/C faults tho...

Good luck... :thumbs

#3 ·
I know for the 2004 3 series is Black/White at the speedometer cluster, you have to remove the cluster and the biggest harness carries that wire.
Hope is the right one on that model.

Originally posted by Sk1d@Oct 4 2004, 03:58 PM
I might be way off with this 1 but i think 'speed pulse generator' is just a fancy way of saying 'wheel speed sensor'. It's just that sat nav systems need to know the vehicles road speed.

If thas the case u just need to run it into the sensor harness... Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong...

Be careful it doesn't cause any unwanted ABS or T/C faults tho...

Good luck... :thumbs
[snapback]204734[/snapback]​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.