Pleasant experience w/Fields BMW of C. FL --- NOT - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 11:26 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
beamerbaby09 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Pleasant experience w/Fields BMW of C. FL --- NOT

Thought I'd share w/all here....I didn't know if you criticized Fields BMW's work or had a service problem they could, at their discretion, stop you from doing business with any of their other locations/stores. Now, this may be a problem because they seem to be the only Big BMW dealer in the Orlando area....The service manager I was dealing with was not pleasant in the least bit, and I'm wondering if I'm the only one having these sorts of problems w/Fields????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 11:55 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Sorry to see that. Can you add some detail?

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Neutral Member

mtccl is on a distinguished road
If the car is almost out of warranty then find a good privately owned BMW shop and foster a lasting relationship. Their livelihood depends on good service and excellent work.....dealerships don't.

2002 BMW 330XI
1988 Porsche 944
#4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
what happend more details of why you didnt agree and what you didnt agree about?

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 05:21 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
OK, I'll start from scratch and try not to make this post to long. I purchased my 1st BMW on 3/19/2009 w/an extended warranty and within days I found out that my rear windows was sticking when recessed all the way down....I took the car to the dealer to have it checked out. They told me that both of my rear window regulators were bad and required replacement to the tune of $700+....Now my extended warranty would not cover this....I had the repairs made and within days I got my hands on a 'Vehicle Warranty Inquiry' which shows what services were performed on the car and to my shock and surprise I found out that when the car was still under the maintenance program another dealer replaced two bad rear window regulators or so it said on this report...So I called Fields and explained this to them.....The original dealer said they replaced window motors and not regulators even though it was diagnosed w/bad regulators.

I am displeased @ Fields because the service advisor failed to mention to me that the car was recently in (last 12 months) for service with that exact same problem.The Fields BMW service manager and I exchanged a few emails and after I expressed my thoughts not to do business with his center any longer he had the nerve to email me saying and I quote here:

"How unfair your perception is, after seeing the proof. We will accept your notice of terminating all business transactions with Fields BMW."

I have since located a few independent shops that work exclusively on high end exotic cars and will be dealing with them going forward....
#6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 09:14 PM
n00b

draco24433 is on a distinguished road
I just bought mine and was wondering what kind of service they provided.
#7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Mr. Clean

BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
Dealerships are only as good as the people that work there.
#8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:24 PM
n00b

Tecni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tecni
I second that with this:

My father owned a Lexus IS 350 and decided it was time to get something a little bit more "miami" since he resides in south Florida. English being his second language, he asked my older brother to handle all negotiations for the purchase of a brand new M3. I quickly contacted a friend of mine that conveniently so, is a salesman @ Fields BMW of Winter Park. Expecting nothing but smooth sailing I send my brother over to my friend "XXXX" and left them to "talk it out". My father owned 3 car dealerships in Venezuela (Honda, GM, and Toyota), was part-owner of a Mack Truck and Honda factories, distrubutor of Garrett turbos, etc. So needless to say my father is neither a poor man nor a stupid induvidual to say the least.

That being said, I expected my friend XXXX to jump to his feet and close the deal ASAP. We had already worked out the numbers knowing exactly what factory invoices were for these cars and we set a price that we deemed fair. My brother sat down and offered $57,500 + a mint condition vehicle worth 18K that they valued at a measly 13k and XXXX kept walking back and forth, asking my brother to hold while he took phone calls from other customers and pranced around from office to cubicle not offering a solid answer. This continued for 6 HOURS!??!

My brother ends up walking out of the dealer with a declined offer. Two days later he receives a call from XXXX saying that is he came up $500 they would accept the offer. He refuses to do so and decides to shop around soon realizing that he cannot negotiate with another BMW dealer since Fields had placed a block on his name to prevent him from doing so. We quickly got around that hurdle, made the same offer at another BMW dealer, rapidly got a happy "YES" and proceeded to order the Vehicle from Germany.

Its as simple as that...

I can't believe XXXX failed to close a 73k deal for $500.

What's even worse for XXXX is that I'm in the market for a 335i

the story gets better...
#9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:29 PM
n00b

Tecni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tecni
My brother turns out to be a "letter writer" and sends this to BMW:

To whom it may concern:

I would like to begin by expressing what a pleasure it gives me to write this letter. As I am sure you know buying a car has consistently been voted among the most unpleasant experiences a person can have; not because having a new car is unpleasant mind you but because of the treatment customers consistently get at car dealerships.

My experience began at Fields BMW of Winter Park where I was greeted by a salesman whose name I will change to Jack for anonymity. Right from the start I was upfront with Jack, I told him I was interested in a 2009 BMW M3 which with a list of options would bring the car with taxes and all to roughly $72000 and I was looking to pre-trade my Mazdaspeed 6 as partial payment. So the ball began to roll, I explained to him that I was not flexible on options and color since if I was to spend that much on a car I wanted the car to be perfect. We discussed back and forth all the time Jack interrupting me to make random phone calls and fill out paperwork while I stared at the side of his head. Needless to say I began to get a bit annoyed at Jack since I felt I was being treated with the attention a man would get if he walked into a BMW dealership and asked to buy a 1970’s AMC Gremlin with a built in Flux capacitor and cheetah print seat covers. My point being; I felt he was intentionally wasting my time. To make a long story short, I sat with Jack for six long hours and with my patience wearing thin I gave him my final offer of $57,500 plus my car which he politely declined. According to Jack cars which have to be ordered from Germany don’t qualify for any kind of discount which I happen to know is false, so sitting at an apparent roadblock I stood up and walked away tired, frustrated and frankly quite angry.

Two days after meeting with Jack I decided to take a chance and simply drop by Fields BMW of South Orlando where as soon as I arrived a gentleman by the name of Mikhail Buozko introduced himself. A bit frustrated from my previous experience I must admit I presented the same deal to Mikhail and asked him to please give me a quick and no nonsense answer as soon as possible.

Now I have to go a bit off subject because I want to express my full surprise at meeting Mikhail. I am no stranger to the car business; my father has been in the Latin-American automotive market for over Forty years and has owned dealerships which represent brands such as Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Land-Rover, Mack Trucks, General Motors, Opel, and Acura among others and I myself grew up in a car dealership. I admire my father very much because within a business which is generally believed to be somewhat dark and deceitful he always put the customer first and never cheated or defraud a client. His Idea was that you might cheat somebody once but all you are guaranteeing is that that individual will never buy from you again, and these are words that have always stuck with me.

Back to my original story Mr. Buozko asked me inside and requested I sit for just a few minutes while he analyzed the deal. To my utmost surprise he returned with a smile on his face and said… “We have a deal”! Mikhail and I sat and discussed the details and I have to say that he could not have been more attentive and accommodating to my requests, not only did he find a way to offer me more money for my car than Jack ever did but even managed to work in a few options into the car which I had compromised on because Jack had said they were impossible to obtain for that price. Happy and extremely satisfied I began to sign the paperwork to get the process of buying my new M3 on the way. After no more than two hours I went home awestruck at what a difference landing in the hands of a good salesman could make.

The next day however is when I truly began to understand what kind of a man Mikhail Buozko really is. Early in the afternoon I received a call from Mikhail informing me that unfortunately when we signed the paperwork for the vehicle he had forgotten to include the $1,300 GAZ guzzler tax applicable to the M3 because it was the first one he had sold. Needless to say I was a bit upset and sensing this Mikhail asked me not to worry about it and said he would call me back in ten minutes, and true to his word he did. Mikhail was very apologetic and said he felt terrible having called me in the first place but said that he had spoken to his manager Mrs. Cathy J. Courtney and they had decided that in the hopes of keeping the deal and in turn making a customer happy they would go ahead and push the deal through.

In closing, I took the time to write this letter because it is not every day one comes across a man of his word. I can honestly say that doing business with Mr. Bouzko and Mrs. Courtney was an absolute delight and I hope whoever reads this takes my experience into account and in some way acknowledges the wonderful work these individuals do on a daily basis. Let me assure you that if ever there is a friend or family member that so much as utters the words “new BMW” I will tell them exactly where to go and who to see. Thanks again to Mr. Mikhail Bouzko and Mrs. Cathy Courtney, against all odds they made buying a car one of the most pleasant endeavors I could have undertaken that Saturday afternoon.

Last edited by Tecni; 08-14-2009 at 10:31 PM.
#10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
Its nice to see someone try to help out those who care and do their job with integrity and respect for others. In my opinion that counts ten times what experience does to a certain degree.

#11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 07:35 PM
n00b

draco24433 is on a distinguished road
I took my car to Fields BMW in South Orlando a few days ago and was extremely impressed with the service given by my Service Advisor Nancy. Not only that, since I had bought my car used from a dealer other than a BMW, Nancy was kind enough to tell me about my car and even go as far as telling me that my car had the extended maintenance plan until 100K. She had also told me about a recall that needed to be performed on the car. I was treated great by everyone and I agree that dealerships are only as good as the people that work there.
#12 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 08:53 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
I tried @ Fields South Orlando and they are far better than Winter Park...Their service is better, their interaction with the customer is better...The overall experience with them is simply superior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)