BMW Werkz banner

Passenger Side View Mirror

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Relevart 
#1 ·
Well, I let my girlfriend take my 330Ci for the day so she could get used to it (she's planning on buying one in December), and not more than 2 hours after I let her take it, she calls me from her cell stating she "brushed" the passenger side view mirror against a post and the shell covering came off. Now I'm pissed off because the car is only 4 months old without a scratch on it, and the moment I let anyone drive it, look what happens. :banghead

So, she brings the car back to me, and luckily, none of the pegs are broken from the covering, so I try to just pop it back in, but it won't grab. I see all four slots where the pegs are supposed to join the mirror housing, and when I line them up, they enter just fine, but none are "snapping" into place. Is there a trick to getting the cover/shell back onto the mirror housing?

I really don't want to take this to the dealer and be charged $150+ just to get the cover back on, but I have been trying for over 2 hours now with no luck.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,

-Puck

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is wat happend:
on the tip of those pegs are small features, that make pegs work as snaps. I bet, those tiny bumps are sheared during impact. The reason I know: is because I brock black trim around window while backing out of the garage and replaced it myself: my cost was much less then insurance deductible, minus raised insurance rate. Go to you friendly dealer and get the body color trim: mine charged me $30. It will not come in body color, as one can expect, so take it and bring to body shop, in my case it was next door. Give them another $50 and color code for your car, or even better give them brocken piece. Two days later you will be driving car like nothing ever happend.
One more thing: for god sake, get rid of this girlfriend....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.