BMW Werkz banner

Pad Brake warning light - problem

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mach 5 
#1 ·
:nope Hi,

I have a E46 328i. Recenlty my brake warning like came on to indicate my pads were low (the orange light), so I got them both my front and rear pads replaced as they were both very low and also both sensor, but the warning light still come on!

Does any one know what could be wrong or is there a way to reset it the sensors? I have been driving the car with the the warning light still on.

All parts were bought from a BMW main dealer.

Thanks

#2 ·
90% of the time that means you just need to replace the brake pad sensors. im not sure if the computer needs to be reset for that or not.

i know the brake pad sensors were a problem on the e36 if you bought aftermarket brakes

#5 ·
Try turning the key to position 1 before starting the car.. and pump the brakes. leave it for a few seconds. This could get rid of the the light... and then it may not. I would think that the light will go away on its own after a while.

You can disconnect the battery. The only problem with that is that it resets the ECM memory and you essentially start with a new computer. The car has to re-learn its settings... therefore expect the car to handle and feel different for a few days.

I would drive around for a few days before resorting to pulling the battery.

John

#6 ·
Turn the key to the run position but do not start the car. Teh lights in the dash will begin to go out. After about 20 sec the brake warning light will go out.
Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.