packages on 03 325i - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 11:46 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gotaigo is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
packages on 03 325i

Hi,

Does anyone know what the packages consist of on an 03 325i? I know there's 3 out there:

1. Premium package
2. Cold Weather package
3. Sports package

I did notice that ones that didn't have "packages" listed had the manual seat adjustment as opposed to electrically motorized switches for the seat adjustments. I imagine that is probably part of the Premium package. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:46 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Wow,

Didn't realize what I thought would be a simple question has stumped this community. I guess I'm in the wrong forum.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:26 PM
2nd Gear Member

Steve323i99 is on a distinguished road
here I hope this helps
I did a simple google search and came up with these two right off the bat.

intellichoice.com/reports/vehicleReport/vehicle_nmb/17137/section/packages/type/used/2006/BMW/325

or here

cars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?section=optionsAndExtras&crpPage=opti onsAndExtras.jsp&makeid=5&modelid=31&year=2006&myi d=7486&acode=USB60BMC146A0&mode=&aff=wpost

just copy and paste and type "www." in the front.

Cold Weather Package
3-Stage Heated Front Seats

Ski Bag

Retractable High-Intensity Headlight Washers

Premium Package
BMW Assist

Includes Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling with Bluetooth cellular phones. See your authorized BMW center for rules and regulations on subscription required with BMW Assist.

BMW Universal Transceiver

Integrated garage-door opener.

Automatic-Dimming Inside Rear-View Mirror

4-Way Power Lumbar Support For Front Seats

Sport Package
Wheels: 17" x 8" 5 Spoke Alloy (Styling 119)

Tires: P225/45R17 Performance

Due to low-profile tires, please note: wheels, tires and suspension parts are more susceptible to road hazard and consequential damages. Performance tires not recommended for driving in snow and ice.

Sport Seats
Sport Suspension

The year of the cars mention here may be a little different the only really different on the packages is what stye of wheel they released new for that year. Maybe some other small changes but over all these are what you are commonly going to see in the optional packages.
Includes 10-way power front sport seats (includes 2-way headrests) and 2-way manual thigh support.
Steve
Steve

Last edited by Steve323i99; 10-25-2008 at 01:33 PM.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 01:39 PM
2nd Gear Member

ok since I am bored I updated the search real quick and here is the exact info for a 2003 325i

web site
cars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?superTrim=&makeid=5&logtype=7&mode=&d estURL=optionsAndExtras.jsp&year=2003&acode=USB30B MC141A0&modelid=31&section=optionsAndExtras&myid=4 575&section=optionsAndExtras&mode=&aff=national

again copy/paste and type "www." in front

Sport Package
Wheels: 17" x 8" StarSpoke Alloy (Styling 96)

Sport Seats

Sport Suspension

Sport Steering Wheel

Premium Package
Power Front Seats w/Driver Memory

Power Glass Moonroof

Myrtle Wood Trim

On-Board Computer

Auto-Dim Mirror

Rain Sensor

Automatic Headlight Control

Cold Weather Package
Fold Down Rear Seats

Ski Bag

Heated Front Seats

Headlight Washers

Rear Armrest
#5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 02:11 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Awesome Steve,

Thanks for the info. That was very helpful. Now, if I could get some feedback as to what I can expect in terms of expenses for owning a 03 325i...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve323i99 View Post
ok since I am bored I updated the search real quick and here is the exact info for a 2003 325i

web site
cars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?superTrim=&makeid=5&logtype=7&mode=&d estURL=optionsAndExtras.jsp&year=2003&acode=USB30B MC141A0&modelid=31&section=optionsAndExtras&myid=4 575&section=optionsAndExtras&mode=&aff=national

again copy/paste and type "www." in front

Sport Package
Wheels: 17" x 8" StarSpoke Alloy (Styling 96)

Sport Seats

Sport Suspension

Sport Steering Wheel

Premium Package
Power Front Seats w/Driver Memory

Power Glass Moonroof

Myrtle Wood Trim

On-Board Computer

Auto-Dim Mirror

Rain Sensor

Automatic Headlight Control

Cold Weather Package
Fold Down Rear Seats

Ski Bag

Heated Front Seats

Headlight Washers

Rear Armrest
#6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 02:51 PM
2nd Gear Member

I'm not quite sure about an 03 being I own a 99 but here are some common issues and things you'll need to look into when owning an older BMW.
If you are planning on purchasing one make sure you do comprehensive research on the vehicle beforehand. This may cost you money before you even buy. This would be a common and highly suggested with any vehicle purchase however. Take it to a shop that does prepurchase inspections, check to see if there are current and frequent maintenance records. Depending on the mileage of the vehicle you may want to check to see if inspection I and or II have been completed.

Issues with older E46 series BMWs
Rear sub frame damage
Coolant system, ie thermostat, water pump, expansion tank, if these things have not been overhauled you may need to soon.
Window regulators are probably the most common issue as well. If they have not been replaced then you will have to at some point.

I think that there are some other common problems as well but I can’t remember off the top of my head. If you do a search on the forum I think you may be able to find some threads that will be helpful.

As far as cost. There are a ton of aftermarket parts available through numerous different websites that will cut the costs sometimes in half on all OEM replacement parts, and if you are mechanically inclined and can do the labor yourself then you’ll save there. Most of all the issues that you’ll have to address are easy enough to fix. For those parts / problems that require professional attention there are plenty of independent shops out there that can do the same if not better work than the dealer. Just search around or ask here for ones in your area.

Also look into getting one that is either still under warrantee or get and extended one. Then the dealer will be responsible for some of these issues.

Again hope this helps.
Steve

Last edited by Steve323i99; 10-25-2008 at 02:54 PM.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 03:38 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Hi Steve,

Very understandable about checking out the vehicle before purchasing. I am targeting a Bimmer 03 325i with 77K at Carmax, the used superstore. I am relatively confident about this vehicle as it is their business model to only sell non-lemon vehicles as opposed to anyone else except the manufacturer's dealers themselves. Of course, I would purchase their extended warranty. BTW, do you know if it is a standard on a 03 325i that the sunroof is electrically motorized. The reason I ask is that the premium package that was an option lists this as one of the items on that package which implies that ones without the package have a manually operated sunroof? Even stranger; I would think electrically operated sunroof would be standard for luxury cars like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve323i99 View Post
I'm not quite sure about an 03 being I own a 99 but here are some common issues and things you'll need to look into when owning an older BMW.
If you are planning on purchasing one make sure you do comprehensive research on the vehicle beforehand. This may cost you money before you even buy. This would be a common and highly suggested with any vehicle purchase however. Take it to a shop that does prepurchase inspections, check to see if there are current and frequent maintenance records. Depending on the mileage of the vehicle you may want to check to see if inspection I and or II have been completed.

Issues with older E46 series BMWs
Rear sub frame damage
Coolant system, ie thermostat, water pump, expansion tank, if these things have not been overhauled you may need to soon.
Window regulators are probably the most common issue as well. If they have not been replaced then you will have to at some point.

I think that there are some other common problems as well but I cant remember off the top of my head. If you do a search on the forum I think you may be able to find some threads that will be helpful.

As far as cost. There are a ton of aftermarket parts available through numerous different websites that will cut the costs sometimes in half on all OEM replacement parts, and if you are mechanically inclined and can do the labor yourself then youll save there. Most of all the issues that youll have to address are easy enough to fix. For those parts / problems that require professional attention there are plenty of independent shops out there that can do the same if not better work than the dealer. Just search around or ask here for ones in your area.

Also look into getting one that is either still under warrantee or get and extended one. Then the dealer will be responsible for some of these issues.

Again hope this helps.
Steve
#8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 03:54 PM
2nd Gear Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if it's an 03 and it has a sun roof it's going to be electronic.
As for Carmax I have delt with them in the past. I sold a 04 Durango to them good company but on the purchasing side they are a bit high on the mark up, but they only sell good cars that have low miles and good survice so thats a plus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)