Online Parts Quality ? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 10:44 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
chazbo1952 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Online Parts Quality ?

Hello
I am in the midst of a cooling system service on my 330cic and I am questioning the quality of the parts I recieved. I had a $1000 in my paypal account so I bought what I needed on line. I thought by buying Behr I was getting oe quality, the themostat is made differently, the sensor points in a different direction. The radiator has a few differences that scare me because they are on the lower left corner where everything ties in. The reservoir is ratty looking, the seams dont look as good as the oe. The only part I am happy with is the Stewart pump, it looks way better than the orig. I am scared these parts are not of good quality and I hesitate to use them. Am I being paranoid, what do you say use them or return and buy genuine BMW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:07 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Where did you buy this stuff? eBay? It is always good advice to stay away from eBay if you're not sure what you're getting.

First of all, compare the part numbers (I know you probably did this before ordering, but it doesn't hurt to double-check). Behr is a good brand, and it is probably what you will get if you buy the parts from the dealership anyhow. If the part numbers match, I would be inclined to say that you got the right stuff even if it looks slightly different.

How different are things? Do you have any pictures to share?

If you decide to return that stuff, don't buy from the dealership -- there are places online like autohausaz.com, pelicanparts.com, bavauto.com taht are reputable.

Have you contacted the seller to verify there wasn't a shipping mistake?

#3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Help from over the pond

marti5 is on a distinguished road
I always buy from BMW, know what your getting is correct, will fit snug and a 12 month warranty.

VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!
#4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 10:50 AM
n00b

WhatsAClutch? is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WhatsAClutch?
I would recommend listening to these guys I know turnermotorsport.com isn't the cheapest website out there but they do indeed have good quality aftermarket replacement parts for your needs. I would check them out if you decide not to buy from them. I recommend the dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)