OEM M3 RIMS...FIT 325xi???????? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 04:01 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NoBa is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation OEM M3 RIMS...FIT 325xi????????

Hello all...I am a newbie to this group. I own a 2004 325xi with the performance package and am interested in upgrading the wheel/rim package. I have a friend who is willing to give me his stock M3 rims for my 325xi as long as they fit. I've been reading some of the postings and some people stated that the fronts would fit without a problem, however the rears won't due to the offset. I REALLY want to be able to fit these rims on my car. So my question is two-fold. Is there anyone who can confirm that the rears will not fit? Is there anyone that can confirm whether I can make them fit by either expanding the wheel well, which I saw someone mention, or adding spacers? please help....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Power Shifting

Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
are they the 19's or the 18's??

-SOLD..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2229108/1 *UPDATED 8.25.06*
R.I.P Fast 6

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
#3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 07:10 PM
5th Gear Member

325isBaby is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 325isBaby
I have some 18" M wheels for my 330xi, to get it to look right though I had to buy 4 fronts...the M rears backspacing looked funny but they did fit.

http://www.myspace.com/330xigirl
Come see me at MySpace
#4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 09:20 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
looked funny and was not safe.

#5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 10:29 PM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
they should fit...

#6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 11:28 PM
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
looked funny and was not safe.

Sure...not that I knew what I was doing. Sure it's not the best on the bearings and what not, but that's why I test fit before purchase. I guess you haven't driven around in Phoenix (AZ in general), Cali, or anywhere with latino drivers

Come see me at MySpace
#7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 11:37 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
There is a Hispanic driver in my car everywhere I go

#8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 11:39 PM
drz
Administrator

Actually, yes they should fit. The rears are trouble on e36s. Should work on an e46.

#9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 11:31 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks! I was worried b/c I noticed everywhere that people were saying they wouldn't fit. DRZ - you mentioned that it wasn't safe. What exactly is not safe about them? The way they fit? Do you guys also know about tires? The tires he has on them are 225/45ZR/18 on the fronts, which are 18x8, 47 offset. The rears are 255/40ZR/18, 18x9, with a 27 offset. Since I don't know crap about rims, I figured it would be best to also confirm the tires. Thanks again for the help and info!!!

325isBaby...I would have to concur with DRZ...a latino is always driving in my car everywhere I go!
#10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 12:03 PM
drz
Administrator

Having the wrong offset will put extra stress on the wheel hubs. This can also cause wheel bearing failure, or worse total hub failure. Spacers add stress to the wheel bearings. I don't know how sturdy/big the bearings are on an e46, but if they are small, you may not want to use spacers.

I know I am going back and forth a lot, but if I were you I would call the dealership aand ask what the recommended range is for the wheel offset for your car. My understanding is that it should be 35mm to 45mm.

#11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 07:30 PM
5th Gear Member

Not trying to be racist, not hating either...but take a look around, yes it's not the best for your ride and it does add stress to the wheel bearings you will eat right through bearings but there are LOTS and LOTS of rides out there with incorrect offset rims on thier rides and they were mostly for the latin looking rides. Is it going to destroy your ride driving 45miles round trip (like I did) to test fit the wheel before purchase NO.

But back to the original question, like I said before I ended up purchasing 4 Motorsport Front wheels. The most important thing on an AWD vehicle the front and rear wheels have to have the same rolling diameter or you will destroy your transfer case.

Come see me at MySpace
#12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 07:51 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks 325isBaby....I completely understand what you mean. Although I am Latin, I do not like that whole ghetto fabulous look either. I am trying to make the car appear more luxury sport.

It looks like anything I try with these specific rims will cause some sort of issue. So I may just take the two fronts and order two more for the rear. Do you know any other place besides Bav Auto that sells the OEM rims for a good price? In any event, thanks again!
#13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 PM
drz
Administrator

You may try turnermotorsports (not even sure) or your dealership. There really aren't very many options when it comes to getting OEM wheels.

#14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 12:58 AM
5th Gear Member

Check your dealer! I got mine from the dealer, some guy bought aftermarket wheels for his M3 and didn't have anyplace to put the OEM wheels so he gave them back to the parts department (I picked em up for $35/ea) I just had to wait for another opertunity to pick up another set of fronts...also search E-bay. See em for sale once in a while for a decent price there.

Come see me at MySpace
#15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
What? Someone gave his stock wheels back to the dealrship? Are these kind of deals availible to the public or just BMW tech employs only?

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)