Not all service dealers were created equal - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 02:26 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
pmolfese is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hey all, I just wanted to write and tell a little bit about my most recent dealer experiences with a 2002 325Xi with a steptronic. I bought the car CPO, and have loved every minute of driving it. Did notice the slipping transmission when shifting from reverse to drive and also a thud when slowing down - especially rapid stops. These in combination with a couple of bugs here and there (rattles mostly, but my instrument console would occasionally lose all lights) warranted bringing my car into a local dealer. Here's where the story gets more interesting :lol:

Took the car into the dealer, not only did I call ahead - I called ahead by a week and requested a loaner car. Showed up to the dealer and handed over the keys, told my SA what the issues were. He got me an Enterprise loaner car (what's this? I wanted a BMW loaner!). He called me at the end of the day to tell me that they couldn't find any of the problems I was describing and none of the rattles either. He said the instrument cluster going out was normal and that the thud or slipping of a transmission was to be expected. He advised I drive the car more and if the problem comes back to bring it back in.

Took the car to the dealer I bought it from in Louisville (about 100 miles away from me). They not only knew what I was talking about with the thud and the slipping transmission. They flew a guy in from Chicago who looked at it and decided to replace the transmission. They also ordered a new rear view mirror and cup holder to try and get rid of the rattles. They drove me home because they were out of loaners and called me the next day with a full report. Picked me up from home, drove me to the dealer, went over the servicing with me and told me how long it would take to repair! Fortunately it's all under warranty. But I just want to let you all know - if you can make it to Sam Swope in Louisville for BMW service and repairs - they rock. I'll definitely be buying my next car there...

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 02:53 PM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
KingScare is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to KingScare
That's so lame how certain dealerships are operated by either genuinely incompetent losers or lazy fucks who don't wanna service a car under warranty.

At least you found a cool one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)