Newbie needs help w/ 325 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2004, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
mohan_raj_nair is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys, just bought an ’01 325xi. Was wondering if someone could help me here with a few issues.

The corner indicator lights stay on (in a constant daytime running lights fashion) even after I’ve turned the car off. The only way to turn them completely off is to turn the knob (left of steering wheel) to the off position. But this makes no sense – I would think that the corner indicator lights should go off when I pull the key out?! Or is this just some bmw quirk that I’ll have to get used to?

Second, is my question about xenon. Should I be using them during the daytime as well? Or are they strictly for night time use?

Thanks,
Mohan
mohan_raj_nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2004, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
EXtech is an unknown quantity at this point
used I'm sorry to play captain obvious here but if the light switch is turned to ON then the lights should be on, what is the confusion? I think what you are referring to are the park lights which are the first turn from off. These will stay on until you turn the switch off.
Plano, TX 75074
469-767-3309

OEM Repairs and Maintenance
Extended Warranty Service
Pre-Purchase Inspections
Everything Performance (brakes, turbos, Nitrous, Cams, Complete Engines, Clutches/Flywheels etc)
-----------

STETT Performance Official Grand Opening BMW Meet, May 6th 11A-3P -- Music, Food, Drawings and Tons of BMW's go to http://206.123.107.13/stett and register.. it's FREE
EXtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
But that doesn’t make sense, does it? Because I can’t turn the headlights on without turning the parking lights as well? I guess I just find it a chore to turn the knob on and off every time I use the car. Wouldn’t it just be simpler if they all went off when I turned the ignition off?
Old 02-05-2004, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Sure it makes sense. You have the ability to turn on the park lights only or the park lights and the headlights. Think about the name for a minute: Park Lights. Not driving lights or mood lights. They are intended to mark a parked automobile at night so that other cars do not run into it. When the headlights are on, the park lights really just serve as marker lights. It's the same with any car. If you don't want them on without the headlights, then don't ever turn the switch on.
Plano, TX 75074
469-767-3309

Pre-Purchase Inspections
Everything Performance (brakes, turbos, Nitrous, Cams, Complete Engines, Clutches/Flywheels etc)
-----------

STETT Performance Official Grand Opening BMW Meet, May 6th 11A-3P -- Music, Food, Drawings and Tons of BMW's go to http://206.123.107.13/stett and register.. it's FREE
Old 02-05-2004, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
But that's my problem.... if I don't turn them on... I don't get headlights... the only way to get the headlights (or xenon lights) on it to turn the knob to the park light space (or to the xenon space on the knob)... additionally if I don't turn them on, I don't get my instrument panel and radio controls lit up either... am I the only one experiencing this?

I just want to be able to get in the car, turn it on and have headlights. and then when I turn off the car, to have everything go off... instead the way it is now, when I get in I have to turn the knob to the park lights (so I have headlights, or to the xenon to get xenon), and then when I am done, I have to turn it all back to off... i know it seems like a little thing to do, but its so easy to forget and then the darn lights stay on and drain the battery...
Old 02-05-2004, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
You could have the daytime running light feature programmed into your car and then they will come on and off with the key. You should have an audible warning if you turn the key off, remove it and open the door without turning the lights off.
Plano, TX 75074
469-767-3309

Pre-Purchase Inspections
-----------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)