BMW Werkz banner

Newbie! Looking For Bmw In The 15k Range.

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  James Lugo 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

New on the site and never owned a Bimmer. I'm looking for a nice 3 or 5 series for around 15K, from what I see on eBay probably a 99' or 00'. Just wanted to get some input as to peoples experiences with these cars. Should I consider a convertable? Which models are the easiest to maintain? My work has me running around with very successful people these days and the Ford Ranger is just not cutting it...lol

#2 ·
I'm replying to myself, that's wierd. I went and looked at BMW's today, I think the 5 series is the way to go for me. I will probably have to spend a bit more $ but I'm willing. Are 4 or 5 year old 5 series good solid cars?

#3 ·
I just bought a 2001 330ci and when i did research i asked some BMW mech. that i know and a guy i know that works with turner motorsports and they all told me the same thing the 540 and the 740 are harder to work on and more on parts. the 3 series are easy to work on and the parts are cheaper unless it is an M3. I dont know about the 525 but i would stick to the 3 series if i were you. I love my new car im sure you will be happy with what every BMW you get?

hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.