Newbie To E46...... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 01:32 PM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Q_BMW is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Q_BMW Send a message via MSN to Q_BMW
(Thread Starter)
hey guys
just a few questions:

1. i know if i hold down unlock on the remote the windows and sunroof all retract...read this is the article.....does the opposite work to lock the doors and put all windows up auto??

2.. the PDC or whatever its called, parking assist thing ...does mine have it or was it an option ??

3. The LED light on my rear view mirror in the big red round thing, does not flash when i lock it...any input ??

i think thats it for now....thanks a lot
Q

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>JUST SOLD:</span> <span style='color:blue'>01 BMW 330i with Sport &amp; M Package(5sp)</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Past:</span> <span style='color:red'>1996 BMW 328i</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=10038932107&page=1&sort_o rder=0' target='_blank'>PICTURES!!</a></span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 01:57 PM
n00b

cubanhoya is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Q_BMW@Nov 14 2004, 12:32 PM
hey guys
just a few questions:

1. i know if i hold down unlock on the remote the windows and sunroof all retract...read this is the article.....does the opposite work to lock the doors and put all windows up auto??

2.. the PDC or whatever its called, parking assist thing ...does mine have it or was it an option ??

3. The LED light on my rear view mirror in the big red round thing, does not flash when i lock it...any input ??

i think thats it for now....thanks a lot
Q
[snapback]230754[/snapback]
1. No
2. It is an option that you would have had to purchase, so you probably dont have it.
3. The light on the dash is supposed to flash not the one on the rear view mirror, but you can have the dealer activate the light to make it look like you have an alarm on your car.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 02:02 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
1. on US spec cars, rolling them up will not work with the remote. you must use the keyhole on the door to raise them. **You can buy a new unit that just been released called iWindows. This is what you want if you want to raise your window with your key. I just received mine yesturday and i shall be writing a review next week after i try it out a bit.

2. if you look on your rear bumper, if you see a series of little nickel sized round sensors across the bumper, you should have PDC.

3. the 'clown nose', its what is called, is only something to deter thieves. You can have this programmed on, or off when locked. You can reprogram at any bmw dealer. *for a fee usually
#4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 02:53 PM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
hey
thanks woobie

please do update us on that review.....

will check the rear bumper later...

ya i just want the LED to flash to scare away thieves...any way i can do that myself ?like switch it back on ?

also do u know where to get the 05 model tail (LED) lights ?
thanks
Q

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>JUST SOLD:</span> <span style='color:blue'>01 BMW 330i with Sport &amp; M Package(5sp)</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Past:</span> <span style='color:red'>1996 BMW 328i</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=10038932107&page=1&sort_o rder=0' target='_blank'>PICTURES!!</a></span>
#5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 03:40 PM

woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute woobiee has a reputation beyond repute
no switch, its all done by computer....'programming'

so far only coupes have the led tails. i do not know any aftermarket companies that offers led tails
#6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 03:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
ok lemme know if it works good for u i am gettin it for sure
Q

#7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 03:53 PM

i installed it yesturday and everything seems to work.

i just need a week so i can have time to write the review, have pics and prob a video as well.
#8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 04:36 PM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
ok lemme know when u get done with it...how much was it ? can i do it myself ?
Q

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)