new replacement remote key - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2003, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bolle330i is an unknown quantity at this point
I am a proud new owner of a 2001 premium sport 330i. I found this board and this is my first post. The car only came with one remote key. The dealer is ordering me the valet and another remote key and is having them sent to my house. What do I have to do to make the remote work, or will it work automatically?
bolle330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2003, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
peterkulesza is an unknown quantity at this point
should work automatically if the dealer has any clue.

peter
peterkulesza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
woobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
im pretty sure you will need to get the dealer to program it; unless the dealer already first intercepted the key before sending it to your home.

woobiee - Anamorphic Cycle
woobiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
EXtech is an unknown quantity at this point
The dealer should program it for you when you go to pick up the new key. You obviously have to take the car with you, just ask them to program it. If they don't, then PM me and I'll explain how.
Plano, TX 75074
469-767-3309

OEM Repairs and Maintenance
Extended Warranty Service
Pre-Purchase Inspections
Everything Performance (brakes, turbos, Nitrous, Cams, Complete Engines, Clutches/Flywheels etc)
-----------

STETT Performance Official Grand Opening BMW Meet, May 6th 11A-3P -- Music, Food, Drawings and Tons of BMW's go to http://206.123.107.13/stett and register.. it's FREE
EXtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
peterkulesza is an unknown quantity at this point
i had this experience with vw passat: i asked for an extra to be mailed. the competent dealer set the key just using my vin, then mailed it to me, and the remote worked fine. no reason this should be different in the bmw...

i think they do not like mailing keys because people can steal your car this way by just copying the vin, it is open for all to see in the windscreen corner. someone in this forum advised putting black tape over it (apparently not legal in new york).

peter
peterkulesza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
AZ325Ci is on a distinguished road
welcome aboard bolle330i!! B)

once you get your key, take it along with your car to the dealer and have them program the key for you. before you leave the dealer, make sure that it works for everything. i had a similar incident where they lost the second key when i went to pick up the car. the second key was ordered and when i went to pick it up, they only programmed it to turn the ignition, but everything else wasn't programmed. so i had to make an additional trip back to get them to program it.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
huntmdwn is an unknown quantity at this point
1. put the key in ignition and turn to position 1
leave for no more than 5 seconds

2.pull the key out

3. while holding down the release trunk button pressed firmly, press LOCK button rapidly 3 times

and it should initialize.

by the way, you have to redo all the keys at once but only do steps 1 and 2 with the first key( i think if i remem correctly)
huntmdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)