New Owner Values Your Opinions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 11:39 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
zzzzzer is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hey, how's it going? I gotta say this site has been a TREMENDOUS help to me already. I bought an off-lease 2002 BMW 325ci (40,000 miles) about 2 weeks ago and I'm really happy with my decision.

I have a lightly modified 1995 Cavalier Z24 that I know inside and out pretty well -- however this 325 is a whole different level...Our word for today: UNDERSTATEMENT!!! Needless to say, any insight you could give would be appreciated.

I don't plan to do anything major with the BMW but did go with a 2-way pager alarm system last week and next week bring it back to the shop for a light tint. This summer I'll have the Kenwood TV/DVD/CD in-dash touch screen unit installed. Other than that, I may upgrade basic items (especially as it comes time to replace them) but nothing too major and nothing with the body design -- I love how it looks as-is.

The one problem I noticed with the car is that the brake pads need to be replaced. This leads to my first question...

(1) What brake pads would you suggest?
- Hawk
- EBC Greens
- O.E.
- Other

(2) Anyone have a front strut tower brace and/or rear anti-sway bar? What brand and what do you think of it? -vs- n

(3) Someone said K&N offers a Cool Air Intake for the E46. Any comments or can anyone suggest a better CAI?

(4) Does anyone make a QUIET exhaust setup that sounds near stock but allows the car to breathe better?

(5) Bosche Platinum spark plugs (+4) are great in my Z24 -- how are they in a BMW?

(6) I've personally seen the numbers of a dyno run with a turbo VW Jetta and non-aspirated Mustang Cobra, before and after the installation of a performance chip. Impressive numbers! Can anyone vouch for a performance chip that really produces numbers on an E46?

(7) Anyone familiar with MMS Tuning out of Florida? I read about them in a BMW magazine yesterday and saw their site. Just curious if anyone has dealt with them. Here's their website if you're interested (pretty nice -- impressive Gallery as well). http://www.mmstuning.com/bmwshop.htm

(8) What car wax do you suggest? Hey, what sense is there in having a nice car if its not kept clean? B)

THANKS IN ADVANCE, EVERYONE! Also, if there's anything you'd just like to give me insight on I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks again!

<a href='http://www.j-body.org/members/zzzzzer/profile/' target='_blank'>http://www.j-body.org/members/zzzzzer/profile/</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 05:04 PM
2nd Gear Member

alanh is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alanh
1) i've heard good things about hawk but im no expert
2)we have a Racing dynamics on our '87 325 and my bro has one on his 330, but i think unless your doin some serious driving at autocrosses n such a e46 doesn't need one...although alot of guys get them cause they like the look....
3)don't have one but dinan is usually good(even if over priced) i would stay away from K&N and look at one that uses the existing ram air type thing
4)supersprint maybe, but pretty sure all aftermarket exhaust will be somewhat louder
5) i have only been told to STAY AWAY FROM PLATINUM referred to as "shit"
6)not on a e46
7)...
8)some guys swear by the new NXT wax but i like the 3stage meguriers(sp)

Self-Proclaimed Genius

#3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2005, 07:22 PM
n00b

zzzzzer is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
THANKS! When it comes to j-bodies (Cavalier/Sunfire/etc.) I know my head from my a** but besides the research that went into buying this car I'm a complete rookie. Thanks again!

<a href='http://www.j-body.org/members/zzzzzer/profile/' target='_blank'>http://www.j-body.org/members/zzzzzer/profile/</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)