new idea e46 to e90 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 09:03 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
radspeed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to radspeed
(Thread Starter)
new idea e46 to e90

just because im the one that likes to mess with things just to try something different. does anyone know if the entire e90 front would fit on the e46 front? i would like to convert mine over to the new style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:19 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Everything is possible with enough money and effort. I seriously doubt it would be a direct bolt-on -- I could bet my car on that. The E90 is wider, so you'll have that to deal with.

Personally, I like the look of the E46 much better and wouldn't ever think about doing what you have on your mind. But this is your car, your time, your money. Aesthetically, the front clip of the E90 will clash with the rest of the car's body. The flame curves of the front fenders would abruptly terminate when the panel meets the doors. Again -- just my opinion.

If you do go ahead with this, please post up pics and tell us how it goes. Also, be prepared to be criticized and to received discouraging replies. This is the internet, and that is how things go.

#3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:59 AM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Personally, I think the result would cause a bit of regret.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 01:01 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I strongly encourage a Photoshop preview.

#5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 01:03 PM
2nd Gear Member

bighorns is on a distinguished road
Enjoy your E46, save your money, and buy the E90 when you can afford it. They're both wonderful cars, so you'll have no regrets doing it the right way. The mod you are suggesting would seriously depreciate the value of your car.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 02:58 PM
n00b

radspeed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to radspeed
(Thread Starter)
well the other reason why i was asking is because i did get in a minor accident where i need to replace the driver fender, maybe the head and the head light support. all of those parts cost just a little cheaper then 2 fenders and head lightset. then i found a bumper for cheap and the hood for decent price. i have about 1000 to work with
#7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 PM
drz
Administrator

Never gonna happen for $1000

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)