New Dvd/cd/tv In Dash Player - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
DexBeemer is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone installed a DVD/CD/TV/ In Dash Player. I have seen some cool ones that I like at Circuit City, but when I ask about installing it it seems that you have to have a lot of extra parts and they never have the dash unit that is needed to hold the unit in place.

I also don't feel comfortable having just anyone tear up my dash and it coming out wrong.

If you have, what is needed for the unit above and is it hard. I saw on web site selling a dash kit for a single din. Don't know if it would hold the unit I need.

Also, is there any bypass to watching the DVD/TV while driving, of course not for me but for my passengers?

Thanks,
Dex
DexBeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2005, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
zzzzzer is an unknown quantity at this point
The installer has to specifically set-up the system not to play while driving -- otherwise you can have it on anytime you'd like.

I'm going with an in-dash unit this summer -- Kenwood for about $1,400 (US) installed. Panasonic makes one for about $1,000 (US) installed but my buddy is co-owner of a custom shop and he raves about the Kenwood. Its the one he has in his truck. Besides, its touch screen.

I know what you mean about not letting anyone rip into your dash. Ask around and check out a few shops in your area. Ask to see pics of their work. Oh, and the BMW dealer in your area may very well know of a great custom shop.

Good luck.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Hootie361 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Hootie361
check on the internet for "how-to's" to bypass the parking brake requirement. or just drive your car into the parking lot once it's installed and slip your installer a $20 to "correct" the problem...

anyone ever been caught with the DVD player on while driving?
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)