New Car - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
320CDI is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
So this is my first diesl car and its a bit louder at idle that by old 2.2 Petrol but I am pretty impressed so far especialy when I filled up the tank and it said 477 on the range computer!!

Are there any other members out there with Diesl's and is there much of a market for them out there in the States?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 03:58 PM
n00b

beau is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't believe BMW sells any in the states at all. Not many other car manufacures sell any either. I think there is a few VW's and perhaps a MB or two and that is about it except big old trucks. Diesel's have a undeserved bad reputation in the US. People think of the smoky, stinky, noisy and slow US made diesels from the 70's and 80's and wont even think about trying something different. Too bad because there are some good engine choices in europe that are not available here.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 04:07 PM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
I have to say I have never been a fan - but its a company car and the tax is so much cheaper that I changed my 320 SEi for the 320 CDi added leather, sat nav, adaptive lights the works in extras sport M pack - and its still cheaper in company car tax than the old one - No smoke yet!!!
#4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 02:39 AM
3rd Gear Member

Mr White G is an unknown quantity at this point
The BM diesels are the best on the market in Europe. Powerful, refined, quiet(ish)... Congratulations on your purchase!

I am looking for a diesel at the moment and quite fancy a 330cd...

You in the UK? Diesels are a total no-brainer when it comes to company cars (I'm an accountant).

The only thing better than that is to opt out of the scheme and just pay tax on the cash rather than the benefit... more often than not you can find the same lease deal and car that you would have got through the company but not end up paying 15-20% of the car's value in tax!

I can't wait for the daddy diesel later in the year; the 535d. Twin turbo diesel power... fuck ford and their 2.5 twin turbo diesel.... this will own all. I'm left wondering if there is a place in the 3 series for a 335d? The only problem would be that it might give the M3 a run for it's money. (280bhp and 400+lb/ft) It would be interesting.

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;So my BM makes me a flash bastard? Then I guess you're just keeping it real from the seat of your nova?&quot;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
#5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 12:30 PM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Yep in the UK - the 330cd was going to take to long to order (next year I think is the waiting list) and the 320 is a lot less on the tax side.

Thought about the lease option but I have been able to change my cars quite often through my employer which I may not be able to do on a lease without a penalty!!

The 330 does look nippy!
#6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2004, 03:48 AM
3rd Gear Member

Mr White G is an unknown quantity at this point
For the tax concious amoung us (in the UK) they have now released the 318d. It uses the same 2.0 engine as the 320 in a slightly detuned form and saves a few pennies too.

As posted elsewhere, there will be a 335d in 2005/6!!! I want one of those babies

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;So my BM makes me a flash bastard? Then I guess you're just keeping it real from the seat of your nova?&quot;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
#7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 10:40 AM
n00b

pedrobmw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by 320CDI@Jul 15 2004, 03:07 PM
I have to say I have never been a fan - but its a company car and the tax is so much cheaper that I changed my 320 SEi for the 320 CDi added leather, sat nav, adaptive lights the works in extras sport M pack - and its still cheaper in company car tax than the old one - No smoke yet!!!
[snapback]146202[/snapback]
what do you get too the gallon as i have a 320d coupe sport and think the fuel is a little poor thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)