New 2005 325i - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 07:11 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ellynpaige is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum. I live in Miami Beach and I am on my third BMW. I bought a 2004 about 15 months ago. I noticed the car was not driving properly but everyone told me that i was crazy. They said it is a brand new car so it is fine. I decided to take it to be serviced. One of my complaints was that the car seemed to be hesitant and the transition from gears was not smooth. Well sure enough they found out that my car went into transportation mode. They told me that it did not do any damage to the engine but I was convinced it did. Another problem with the car was the oil light would come on after I shut off the car. I took it back and they checked the oil and said it was fine, it was probably just the computer. Well sure enough it continued to happen. I was coming home from ORlando and the entire computer system died. At this point I was so fed up. I decided to call the dealership where I bought the car. I spoke to the manager whom i have spoken to before regarding these problems. I told him how upset I was and that i just wanted to get rid of the car and never get into another BMW. He asked for my phone number and said he would call me back. He said he was going to help me out. Well he called back and asked me how I feel about the car if I did not have the problems. I told him I guess I would be happy. He asked me how i would feel if he gave me a new 2005. I asked him what the catch was, was I going to have to put over any money. HE said no. To make a long story short I got my 2005 325i last week. This morning was I got to work and turned off the car the OIL light stayed on. Does anyone else have these problems. PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks,

Ellyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 06:34 PM
n00b

0crzymnky0 is an unknown quantity at this point
for some reasons, all BMWs need more oil after about a month or 2. that light indicates that the oil is kind of low and that you hsould add some. when you add oil, it will take about 3/4 of the entire bottle. i guess its just a sacrifice you need to make to maintain your BMW and its' impressive sound and performance.
#3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 11:19 PM
2nd Gear Member

zibby is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by 0crzymnky0@Jun 8 2005, 06:34 PM
for some reasons, all BMWs need more oil after about a month or 2. that light indicates that the oil is kind of low and that you hsould add some. when you add oil, it will take about 3/4 of the entire bottle. i guess its just a sacrifice you need to make to maintain your BMW and its' impressive sound and performance.
[snapback]351853[/snapback]
Hi ! my Bimmer has 35 000 miles (knock it off) but I have never had that problem, what I mean . I change the oil every 8000 miles and I never top off betwen changes , simply engine keeps oil level in 8000 miles intervals.
#4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 06:12 PM
n00b

Pete is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2005 325 as well and there is definately is a problem with the oil sensor. I had the same issue where the oil light stayed on when the engine was turned off. The sensor needs replacement. This topic is heavily discussed on other forums and is very common on the 3 series. Your dealer should be very aware of this problem and replace the sensor for you.

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)