3-Series (E46, E90)Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.
2004 Mystic Blue 330i
2. Winter package
3. BMW Assist
I love this car but I do have a few questions
1. According to the owner’s manual, I am supposed to have a first aid kit under the passenger front seat. I don’t have one. Is this because of the ZHP seats?
2. When I reverse, if the passenger mirror only dips when the mirror adjustments is set to the driver side. However, the books says the this should only work when it is set tot the passenger side
3. With regards to the R/T button on the wheel, does it only toggle between the radio and the phone? So I can’t toggle though phone, CD, AM, FM? For example, if I am listening to the radio (FM channel in this example) and want to listen to a CD, pressing the R/T button toggles the radio into telephone mode. Press the R/T button again and it goes back to the radio (previous FM channel). The only way o listen to the CD is by pressing the Mode button on the head unit. Is this normal?
1. Only BMWs in Europe get the first aid kit. Known to many as the euro first aid kit, which can be ordered from a dealer I believe. Not sure.
2. I think they have it back asswards.... mine only works when its set on the drivers side. This is also how the dealer explained it to me. I leave mine in the passenger side because I don't want it to move up and down all the time. It's unnecessary wear and tear. I only use it when I need to see how I'm parked.. usually only when I am doing back in parking or parallel parking.
3. Not sure, but I think it only works if you have the phone. So I guess, yes, it's normal.
4. I have no cupholders. I don't know of any 3 series BMWs that do have rear cupholders..
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.