Need urgent advice on warranty please! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2006, 03:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bmwdxb is on a distinguished road
Need urgent advice on warranty please!

Okay, so this is the warranty info, Gold Package that is offered to end users. The cost is USD 1062 for two years/50,000 KM, unlimited claims, max claim value is the purchase price of the car.

The car I am considering is 2005 BMW 318ci with 29,000 KM, factory warranty till Sept 2007. By that time, I expect to have about 55,000 KM on the car in time for the extended warranty.

Can you let me know what is major maintenance between 50-100,000 KM that is missing from this warranty?

The Mechanical and Electrical Components specifically listed below are covered by the policy.

Engine
Rocker assembly including hydraulic followers, inlet and exhaust valves ( excluding burnt or pitted valves or damage caused by carbon build up) valve springs and guides, push rods camshaft and followers, cylinder head ( Excluding cracks and damage caused by carbon build up ) cylinder head gasket, timing gears chain or belt, oil pump, pistons and rings, cylinder bores, con-rods gudgeon pins and bearings, crankshaft and bearings, inlet manifold, flywheel and ring gear.

Turbocharger (factory fitted)
Turbocharger.

Engine Cooling
Radiator, oil cooler, water pump, fan viscous coupling, thermostat, thermostat housing, thermostatically controlled electric fan.

Engine fuel system
Fuel injection pump, carburettor, automatic choke mechanism, mechanical or electrical fuel pump, lift pump and tank sender unit.

Transmission
Manual Gearbox
Internal gears and shafts, synchromesh and hubs, gear selectors , bearings and bushes, transfer gears.

Automatic Gearbox
Internal gears and shafts, bearings and bushes, oil pump, clutches, brake bands, servos, valve-block , flexi-drive plate, governor, transfer gears and computer governor.

Torque Convertor
All internal mechanical parts.

Continuously Variable Transmission
Internal gears and shafts, planetary gears, reduction gears, variable pulleys, thrust link drives, bearings and bushes, clutches, internal seals.
Drive-Train
Front wheel drive
Drive shafts including constant velocity joints, universal joints and couplings.

Rear wheel drive
Drive shafts including constant velocity joints, universal joints and couplings, halfshafts

Four wheel drive
Cover as described for front and rear wheel drive.

Prop shaft
Universal joints and couplings.

Wheel bearings
Front and rear wheel bearings.

Differential
Crown wheel and pinion, differential gears and shafts, bearings and bushes, thrust wahers and spacers.
Suspension
Front suspension
Coil and leaf springs, upper and lower wishbone units, ball and swivel joints.

Rear suspension
Coil and leaf springs, upper and lower wishbone units, ball and swivel joints.
Steering
Steering including power assisted systems (PAS)
Manual steering rack, steering box, power steering rack and pump, steering idler box, power steering oil reservoir.

Brakes including Anti-lock-Braking (ABS)
Brakes ( Non ABS )
Brake master cylinder and wheel cylinder, pressure restrictor valve, servo, brake caliper seal.
Brakes with ABS.
Brake master cylinder and wheel cylinder, brake caliper seal, pressure restrictor valve, servo, ABS control module.

Air Conditioning ( factory fitted )
Compressor.

Electrical system
Starting
Starter motor and solenoid, bendix drive

Charging
Alternator unit and regulator.

Engine ignition, including electronic ignition
Ignition distributor and coil, electronic ignition amplifier, Engine electronic control unit (ECU).

Electric window's and sunroof
Electric window motors, sunroof motor.

Central locking
Centralised locking operating solenoids.

Wiper's and washer's
Front and rear windshield wiper and washer motors.

General electric's
Safety warning hazard, indicator unit, heater fan motor.

Casings
Should failure of any of the components covered result in damage to the casings then they will also be covered and will constitute part of the maximum claim liability.

Working materials
Oils, oil filter and covered only where their replacement is essential as a direct result of the failure of a covered item.

Ok, beyond the two years, I can renew for another year with their Silver plan for USD 450 / 25,000 KM. So this should cover me from 100-125,000. The Silver plan details are given below. Can you advise if its worth it and what major components are missing? Or maybe two years is advisable to have warranty till 150,000 KM?

Silver PLan

Components Covered

The Mechanical and Electrical Components specifically listed below are covered by the policy.

Engine
Rocker assembly including hydraulic followers, inlet and exhaust valves ( excluding burnt or pitted valves or damage caused by carbon build up) valve springs and guides, push rods camshaft and followers, cylinder head ( Excluding cracks and damage caused by carbon build up ) , timing gears, chain , oil pump, pistons and rings, cylinder bores, con-rods gudgeon pins and bearings, crankshaft and bearings, inlet manifold, flywheel and ring gear.

Engine Cooling
Water pump, fan viscous coupling, thermostat and thermostat housing.

Engine Fuel system
Carburetor, mechanical or electrical fuel pump.

Transmission
Manual Gearbox
Internal gears and shafts, synchromesh baulk rings and hubs, gear selector forks and shafts, bearings and bushes, transfer gears

Automatic Gearbox
Internal gears and shafts, bearings and bushes, oil pump, clutches, brake bands, servos, valve-block, flexi-drive plate, governor, transfer gears.

Torque Convertor
All internal mechanical parts.

Drive-Train
Front wheel drive
Drive shafts including constant velocity joints, universal joints and couplings.

Rear wheel drive

Prop shaft
Universal joints and couplings.

Differential
Crown wheel and pinion, bearings, internal shafts, thrust washers and spacers, differential gears.

Steering
Steering including power assisted steering (PAS)
Manual steering rack, power steering rack and pump.

Braking
Brake's
Brake master cylinder, pressure restrictor valve, brake caliper seals.

Electrical system
Starting
Starter motor and solenoid.

Charging
Alternator unit.

Engine ignition
Ignition coil.

Wiper's and washer's
Front windshield wiper and washer motors.

General electric's
Safety warning hazard / indicator unit.

Casings
Should failure of any of the components covered result in damage to the casings then they will also be covered and will constitute part of the maximum claim liability.

Working materials
Oils, oil filter and covered only where their replacement is essential as a direct result of the failure of a covered item.

Thanks for your help and need some advice asap cuz have to decide on a car soon!
bmwdxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2006, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bmwdxb is on a distinguished road
Anyone?? Need this urgently please. Thx!
bmwdxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)