BMW Werkz banner

Need New Brake Pads And Rotors And Have Some ?'s

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  catalyst. 
#1 ·
I got a flat the other day and went to this tire place to get some new ones (I was due for some new ones anyway). So the mechanic shows me that the front brake pads are really low (and they were). Although, the sensor has not come on yet (go figure). He also said that the rotors are too thin and need to be replaced. Here is how he broke down the cost:

Front Brake Pads: $70 (for the pair)
Front Rotors: $120 (for both)
New Sensor: $12 each
Labor: $97

For a grand total of $311!! This is just for the front brakes.

He also said that the two front auxilary arm bushings are broken. But I will save that for another post.

Basically, I wanted to know if these prices are way out of line (like I suspect they might be). I also want to know how to go about buying the genuine BMW parts on my own (avoiding the inevitable markup from the mechanic) and then taking them to someone to do the labor. I don't know what brake pads BMW recommends. Ideally, I would like to buy the break pads that I would get if I took my car to a BMW dealership to be serviced.

Oh! I should mention that I have a 2001 BMW 325I sedan.

Many thanks for any and all input!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.