Need Help Installing A Subwoofer And Amp! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 01:54 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
m4rk is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I have a 2001 330ci and want to install an amp and subwoofer w/enclosure in my trunk. This is my first BMW install and I must say I am a bit lost. I am particularly curious where to hook the amp to so it will be ON only when the car is. Also, can I splice into my two rear speakers to get a signal to the amp/sub? I have the HK sound system, and the sub it comes with from the factory just sux. Thanks... ~m4rk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 04:10 PM
n00b

v.o.r is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmmm if i where uid take it to futureshop or sumthing u might thinks it gay or wtvr but i think they charge 60 for the installation of everything i forgot how much it was exaclty but ye drop off ur car sit bak relax then get in ur car and listen to ur subs rattle ur car...thats what i would do to tell u the truth dont mess around with it if u dont know wat to do just take it to sum1 whoo knows how to.....take care
#3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 07:14 PM
n00b

talisay is an unknown quantity at this point
DUDE, ITS NOT SO BAD INSTALLING THE SUB, I JUST INSTALLED SUB FOR MY 2001 330I YOU NEED TO GET SOME HIGH AND LOW CONVERTER FROM YOUR LOCAL CAR STEREO STORE. AND SPLICE TO THE REAR SPEAKER. JUST GET THE REMOTE WIRE FROM UR CD CHANGER WIRE. I THINK ITS GREY COLOR. TO BE SURE CHECK IT WITH 12 VOLT TESTER MAKE SURE THE IGNITION IS ON WHEN YOU CHECK THIS. U WANNA CONNECT TO THE WIRE THATS ONLY ON WHEN THE KEY IS IN THE ON POSITION, OTHERWISE YOU'LL DRAIN UR BATTERY,
#4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 08:04 PM
3rd Gear Member

Q_BMW is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Q_BMW Send a message via MSN to Q_BMW
can bestbuy or circuitcity do it well too ?
Q

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>JUST SOLD:</span> <span style='color:blue'>01 BMW 330i with Sport &amp; M Package(5sp)</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Past:</span> <span style='color:red'>1996 BMW 328i</span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=10038932107&page=1&sort_o rder=0' target='_blank'>PICTURES!!</a></span>
#5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 08:35 PM
3rd Gear Member

B3M2W5i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to B3M2W5i
Quote:
Originally posted by Q_BMW@Nov 29 2004, 08:04 PM
can bestbuy or circuitcity do it well too ?
Q
[snapback]239781[/snapback]

of course all you have to do is ask or buy something that they say they will install

Cashmere Beige Metallic
#6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 09:08 PM
n00b

v.o.r is an unknown quantity at this point
yep they can liek the previous post said i just gave u an example of futureshop
#7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 11:17 PM
n00b

dclaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to dclaw
I'm actually installing 2 jl 12w6's (old, I know.... they were in my 96 318i)

anyway.... thanks to talisay for the tip on the cd changer wire... I was wondering where I was going to get the +12v for the remote.... as my car is still in warranty and I'm not cutting wires at all.

I bought a set of molex 2 pin plugs .092" pin/plug size (check size)
anyway, I shaved/cut the molex plugs down to fit into the stock plug on the right speaker in the rear deck, so the speaker is still functional, but, I have wire I can splice into in order to get the signal.

I then ran this signal to a high-low converter, and then got it running to my amp via some rca's of course.

I am having one problem though.... which, for the life of me I can't figure out... HOW do you remove the battery tray?

I take off the plastic screws holding the tray to the body, but, it's stuck at the back by the fabric lining of the trunk... I can't figure out how to get it loose, anyone know what the hell I'm doing wrong?

good luck with that install.... doing it yourself is always much better.... and personally, I don't think most places bother to take the time not to cut wires, without charging you way too much extra......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)