Need Help!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 05:21 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
shanes330ci is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Need Help!!

I have a 03 330ci conv. recently, All my steering wheel controls stopped working and the brake bulb warning lights came on, now my brake lights( all three )stay on when ever the car is turned on. also my conv. top controls doesn't work.

I've tried all the fuses, they are good. Checked the brake lamp bulbs their good. I can open the top from key in the door. Also this problem will stop and everything will just go back to normal while I'm driving down the road. the last time it went back to normal I heard what sounded like doors unlocking next to the rear seats ( on both sides). no doors or locks there!!!! don't know what kind of actuators are in that location, other than maybe something to do with the conv. top.

I was wondering is there any module that controls all these systems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just thought i would post this hoping its something simple before taking it to the dealer and them charging me an arm and a leg for a $20 part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 01:11 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BimmerAdict is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes330ci View Post
I have a 03 330ci conv. recently, All my steering wheel controls stopped working and the brake bulb warning lights came on, now my brake lights( all three )stay on when ever the car is turned on. also my conv. top controls doesn't work.

I've tried all the fuses, they are good. Checked the brake lamp bulbs their good. I can open the top from key in the door. Also this problem will stop and everything will just go back to normal while I'm driving down the road. the last time it went back to normal I heard what sounded like doors unlocking next to the rear seats ( on both sides). no doors or locks there!!!! don't know what kind of actuators are in that location, other than maybe something to do with the conv. top.

I was wondering is there any module that controls all these systems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just thought i would post this hoping its something simple before taking it to the dealer and them charging me an arm and a leg for a $20 part.
Electrical stuff is always a PITA. I would avoid the dealer and find a good indy shop though.
The dealer near me charges ~$150/hour and the indy shop I go to has 1 mechanic who has been in the industry for over 35 years. He does much better work than even the dealer can do and charges nearly 1/2 of the dealer prices. I think he charges $90/hour.

2007 335i - JB4, DCI, DP's
2008 535i - Stock
2007 Mazda RX-8
German Auto Parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)