My New Bimmer!!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2005, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
bmw328iblack is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys as a recent graduation present my father gave me his 99 bmw 328i. I have allways been in love with his car and him giving it to me was just awsome (total suprise) I guess he is getting the new bimmer 325 i, we shoped all around and bmw was def the best for under 40 k. Anyways its black with black interior (very sexy) also its automatic which I kinda like for the car I can drive pretty speedy without much work. It also has an auto starter and nice cellphone holder with speaker phone, and a 6 disc changer The thing will get me around quick even if im not pushing it over 4 rpm shifts!!! Well the one down side is that it has 112 k Miles. Most of them being highway since my dad travels alot but that is still a lot. The car is in great condition and other then a little rust spots on hood it looks awsome (barely noticeable) He has the car since he bought it so he allways took it in for oil changes etc. And he just fixed some parts. Hes even got snow tires and 17 inch bmw rims that look very nice ( I think they were factory though). Well anyways is im basically in love with this car and looking to put some money into it if it will last me 3to 4 more years. Do you guys think im in trouble and shouldnt waste my money on this car or will it go strong for quite a while???? I upgraded the sound with some subs that I had from a previous car and looking to get the following soon. Clear lights (everything) a paint job maybe next spring and then rims sometime maybe (20 inchers) Am I good to go and would I be safe doing this I literally in love with this car but im just scared it is going to fall apart for some reason. My dad said I will be set for a while but just wanted to know your guyses opinions on it. THANKS!!!!
bmw328iblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2005, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Hootie361 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Hootie361
Congrats on the car!! I picked up a 2000 328i, metallic grey with the light grey interior last year, with 58K miles on it... I'm up to almost 80K now. I'd recommend the following to help with the maintenance on your car:

1) swap the spark plugs ($40 DIY)
2) swap the air filter (buy a K&N or GREEN) ($40 DIY)
3) perform a "hot soak" (search the forums for the procedure) ($15 DIY)
4) drain the radiator coolant and add new ($20 DIY)
5) drain the automatic transmission fluid and add new ($40 DIY)

At 112K miles, I'd also set aside $400 for new O2 sensors, $150 for a new camshaft sensor and maybe another $150 for new brake pads and wires. And, if you're a DIY kinda owner, don't buy another item until you purchase the Bentley repair manual and a fault-code reader from either Bavarian Auto or Peake... the best $250 you could ever spend for your car.

Take care of that car and you'll absolutely love it for another 80K miles.
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)