My first clear upGrade..help me choose!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 11:30 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TerrorBMW is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
My first clear upGrade..help me choose!!

Guys I did my first set of upgrade.Front side and tail lights...I know I need to show more pics....getting there...
This is a 328i sports package 5 speed.
My question is how much lower can I go and would you recommend 19" rims or 18 " for the perfect fit.(I want the M3 look )What would be the recommended off set for 18" or 19" and finally which sports rims do you think would best fit??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00861.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	28344   Click image for larger version

Name:	beymes.s.ang.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	28345   Click image for larger version

Name:	oz_botticelli_bs_ci3_l.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	28346  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 05:49 PM
3rd Gear Member

k.sidlosky is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to k.sidlosky
I like the ones on the left. 19's sound to big.

|Dinan Intake|Schrick Cams|24lb Injectors|809 HFM|M50 Manifold|TMS Stage IV+|Dinan Strut Brace|Samco Hoses|UUC Pulley||UUC SSK DSSR|DDM Coilovers|Fikse FM10|Brembo Rotors|Hawk Pads|AA Exhaust|Alpine|Audiobahn|Sony|
#3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go with the Beyern Mesh out of the 2 wheel choices you posted; and no bigger than 18s.

As far as lowering; check tirerack.com (suspension) section; they'll have various springs for your car -- you can go at least another inch lower before you run into any kind of issue.

#4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:32 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks...Appreciate the comments!
So with the sports package I already have .I can go only an inch...what about the off set to get that that wide m3 look...
I like the Beyern Mesh...black..No! or Yes!...Welcome comments...
#5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Actually I was wrong; Eibach makes springs that go up to 1.8 inches lower. That or you can get coilovers and drop as much as you want until you start to rub somewhere -- which is what I'm doing: probably getting them installed Friday.

As far as offsets go. Around +40 is about what the 3 series cars run; you can actually run 20 (5, 7 series offsets -- sticks out 20mm further), but you have to run stretched, narrow tires (225 or maybe even 215) to clear the fender lips.

I'd personally go with silver, but your choice really. Whatever you get, you wont go wrong.

Hope that helps

ps. If you decide to sell the wheels that are on your car right now, let me know -- I want a set like it (given that I like the price).

#6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Millions of them.

Here, you might want to look at this car on another forum: The Anus of San Diego. - StanceWorks

#7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:57 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Torque!

I got my pencil and paper out…lol actually the tires that are on now is 225/45/17… I love the oem rims but they have a few scratches, to them sprayed or fix them in NY is so costly the price of new ones..

Post pic of the new look Friday
#8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Hey Torque!..Thats the look I want.....Will coil overs and the 20 offset give me that!!
Thanks
#9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Millions of them.

Yes sir. Just make sure the tires are stretched enough to not catch the fender lip.

#10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 11:12 PM
n00b

TIMECRUISER is on a distinguished road
Black mesh 18's with the Black 328i would look sweet. Terror, What about all the bad weather in NY? That 328 is pretty low already and if you go with narrow tires (short wall too). It will look like a Terror though. T

Knowledge is the key, Fun is Driving my BMW
#11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up

Timecruiser-That's one of my concerns also.The winter was bad ...snowed like crazy...parked took the train. ...but with the car pretty low as you know...sticking to Beyern Mesh 17" is not a bad idea...Did you see the E46 link from Torque The Anus of San Diego. - StanceWorks want that look man!
#12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 11:05 PM
n00b

TIMECRUISER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorBMW View Post
Timecruiser-That's one of my concerns also.The winter was bad ...snowed like crazy...parked took the train. ...but with the car pretty low as you know...sticking to Beyern Mesh 17" is not a bad idea...Did you see the E46 link from Torque The Anus of San Diego. - StanceWorks want that look man!
Yes, Mesh 17" is your best bet. That snow and the tight fit in the front is about the biggest I would go. That snow can be a problem for sure. The Mesh look great and you keep the BMW look. Some have used the 16" wheels with a little bigger tire. I know the 225/45-17 fit on the stock 17" wheels for the 330xi. With the possible rub you have few choices. Black Mesh with your black 328i would be sweet.

Knowledge is the key, Fun is Driving my BMW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)