My Alarm is driving me crazy and I have no idea what's causing it. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 323i, 323is, Infiniti FX45
Photos:
BMerViXeN is on a distinguished road
Angry My Alarm is driving me crazy and I have no idea what's causing it.

Hello everyone.

It's been a while I've posted on here, and of course I'm back with a problem. I just got a new car so I gave my 2000 323i to my mom. The car is flawless in every way, with the exception of the alarm that started going off for no reason. Sometimes it will go off the minute I lock the car, sometimes it will wait a few minutes, sometimes a few hours. Sometimes it goes off just once and that's it, sometimes it will just keep on going off. On one occasion, it even drained the battery, because the lights were flashing on and off in a period of 8 hours while I was at work. I kind of ignored it, by simply locking the car with the key instead of with the remote. I completely got used to it, until my mom started to use the keyless feature and started to call me back and forth complaining that the car goes off.

I can deal with all the mechanical and electrical issues on the car if they were to happen. This one however is beyond me and I have no idea where to look or what to test. I searched the net, I didn't really find the answers, just some people with similar issues.

If anyone, anyone please heard or has ideas before I drive it to dealership so they can welcome me with a $250 and up just by asking a question, I would soooo appreciate it, and so would my mom.

Thank you!
BMerViXeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Captain... Savvy ?

Car: BMW E38 728i 1996 Met Black
Photos:
Jack Dabsy will become famous soon enough
Garage
Do you have dashboard computer access? By this I mean that you add your last 5 VIN numbers together to unlock it to access car setup ...

Eso es todo!
Please press the "REP" button if you are happy with your response/answer...

Please JOIN, or just have a look... Its Totally FREE...
BMW Part Market

BMW Online Manuals (TIS)

New Member ?
Jack Dabsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 323i, 323is, Infiniti FX45
Photos:
BMerViXeN is on a distinguished road
you mean, when I access the test options etc? I guess, how do I use my last 5 digits?

Thank You
BMerViXeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Captain... Savvy ?

Photos:
Garage
ADD your last FIVE digits TOGETHER and remember the result...
Goto TEST 19 and enter that number to unlock it !!!

Eso es todo!

BMW Part Market

BMW Online Manuals (TIS)

New Member ?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
rickus is on a distinguished road
My car does the same, and I really want to fix it, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Please enlighten an idiot?
rickus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Isis is on a distinguished road
My car, 96' 328I E36, started this last night, shes in a pefect condition, dont really know what you guys are talking about regarding the vin number, would really like to know if I can fix her or do I need to take her to a dealer....PLEASE help!
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 2004 318ti, 2000 Jetta 1.6, Opel
Photos:
chrisc4290 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to chrisc4290
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMerViXeN View Post
Hello everyone.

It's been a while I've posted on here, and of course I'm back with a problem. I just got a new car so I gave my 2000 323i to my mom. The car is flawless in every way, with the exception of the alarm that started going off for no reason. Sometimes it will go off the minute I lock the car, sometimes it will wait a few minutes, sometimes a few hours. Sometimes it goes off just once and that's it, sometimes it will just keep on going off. On one occasion, it even drained the battery, because the lights were flashing on and off in a period of 8 hours while I was at work. I kind of ignored it, by simply locking the car with the key instead of with the remote. I completely got used to it, until my mom started to use the keyless feature and started to call me back and forth complaining that the car goes off.

I can deal with all the mechanical and electrical issues on the car if they were to happen. This one however is beyond me and I have no idea where to look or what to test. I searched the net, I didn't really find the answers, just some people with similar issues.

If anyone, anyone please heard or has ideas before I drive it to dealership so they can welcome me with a $250 and up just by asking a question, I would soooo appreciate it, and so would my mom.

Thank you!
I had the same problem and eventually traced it to a faulty switch on the door, the computer thought the door was still open when it was shut, but intermittently, so the alarm would go off when it felt like it - usually at 2.00 in the morning when its cold out (its winter here in South Africa). I adjusted the travel of the strike in the door lock and the problem went away. Cost was zero.

There aren't really any adjustable components in the assembly next to the lock for the electric lock/unlock and the wiring is embedded into the plastic housing. Very elegant but no doubt expensive.
chrisc4290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Isis is on a distinguished road
Jip, the winter here in Henley on Klip (GP) is the couse of the alarm going of on my BMW, found the left front door to be the culprit, she had to sleep outside as I am building a GT40, shes back indoors now and it looks like shes all good now, I think Isis is jealous...
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 98,328i
Photos:
jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie jimmythepie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabsy View Post
Do you have dashboard computer access? By this I mean that you add your last 5 VIN numbers together to unlock it to access car setup ...
shit Daz you truly are a BMW god,is there anything you dont know? That is apart from the address of a decent barber judging by your picture
jimmythepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 1991 BMW 320i e36
Photos:
ZopTekRacing is on a distinguished road
i have the same problem, so i dont use the remote anymore but think ill might get it fixed
ZopTekRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Captain... Savvy ?

Photos:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythepie View Post
shit Daz you truly are a BMW god,is there anything you dont know? That is apart from the address of a decent barber judging by your picture
No, Jimmy... I am NOT GOD, thats my DAD

Eso es todo!

BMW Part Market

BMW Online Manuals (TIS)

New Member ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)