Is My 2002 325cic A Lemon? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E46, E90) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1999 to Current. Models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318Ci, BMW 320i, BMW 323i, BMW 325i, BMW 330i, BMW 328 Ci, BMW 328i, BMW 325i/xi, BMW 330Ci, BMW 320d, BMW 330d, BMW 335d.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 11:39 AM
rwe
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rwe is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I have 53,00 miles on my 325cic convertible, and my lease is up next week.

I love the almost everything about the car, but I'm worried that it's a lemon and it will cost me $$$ to maintain.

Everything so far has been under maintenance, but I've had to take the car into the dealer at least 12 times. So far the automatic transmission was repaired/replaced at 30k, the electronics for the door locks had to replaced twice, the window electronics was fixed 4 times and replaced once. I've had problems with the convertible top sticking in the up position, the trunk light staying on even though it was locked (can't put the top down/up if the light is on).

I've done all scheduled maintenance when prompted by the car's computer - which means the oil was only changed when the dealer performed the regular maintence - which was at least 12k miles between each time.

I guess my main concern is the transmission, the electronics, and not changing the oil more frequently. On the one hand I may have gotten all the bugs out, and on the other, I may have gotten a bad one.

opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 02:23 PM
2nd Gear Member

zibby is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by rwe@May 30 2005, 11:39 AM
I have 53,00 miles on my 325cic convertible, and my lease is up next week.

I love the almost everything about the car, but I'm worried that it's a lemon and it will cost me $$$ to maintain.

Everything so far has been under maintenance, but I've had to take the car into the dealer at least 12 times. So far the automatic transmission was repaired/replaced at 30k, the electronics for the door locks had to replaced twice, the window electronics was fixed 4 times and replaced once. I've had problems with the convertible top sticking in the up position, the trunk light staying on even though it was locked (can't put the top down/up if the light is on).

I've done all scheduled maintenance when prompted by the car's computer - which means the oil was only changed when the dealer performed the regular maintence - which was at least 12k miles between each time.

I guess my main concern is the transmission, the electronics, and not changing the oil more frequently. On the one hand I may have gotten all the bugs out, and on the other, I may have gotten a bad one.

opinions?
[snapback]348832[/snapback]
Do not buy it ! This car cost you so far to much trouble, you think is gonna stop it now? I dont think so ! Let it go , but that`s only my opinion. BTW , what was the problem with a transmission , they had to raplace it at 30 000 miles ? Best regards !
#3 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 03:42 PM
1st Gear Member

storme is an unknown quantity at this point
i think he knows the answer,,,he just needs re-assurance

visit me at <a href='http://www.storme.co.uk' target='_blank'>www.storme.co.uk</a>

visit me at http://www.janspeed.com
#4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 12:01 PM
3rd Gear Member

peterkulesza is an unknown quantity at this point
say bye. new e90 will love you (until that lease expires.....)
#5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 03:51 PM
rwe
n00b

rwe is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I said goodbye yesterday, right after I bought a new 2005 325ci - almost exactly the same. Good thing I got a longer lease this time - the love will last longer...

Randy

Quote:
Originally posted by peterkulesza@May 31 2005, 10:01 AM
say bye. new e90 will love you (until that lease expires.....)
[snapback]349014[/snapback]
#6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 10:12 PM
n00b

Charliefox is an unknown quantity at this point
Zibby's right. On another note, it seems a littl weird that you'd have so much trouble with that car. My `02 325 has had minimal problems. The only major one, was a brake sensor that came loose. Make a clean brake, and embrace the E90.

Dance, Monkey!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E46, E90)